What have you bought recently?

was wondering last night if there was a way to split a screen up between the projectors.... so instead of2 x 4:3 screens i could make it a 8:3 screen.. 2.66 to 1 ratio. not quite cinema but interesting
You can do it, but my guess it would take a ton of tweaking to get everything aligned right. plus there is likely some light bleeding effects between each projection that you may need to deal with.

Got two "computers" to my old computer collection, from a man who was cleaning his garden shed:
View attachment 31181

It came out that these are not computers, one is some mainframe terminal, second is telephone Minitel-like terminal built around microcontrollers.
After quick cleaning, repairing (power supply units were unusable, problem with one TTL chip making telephone terminal not wake up with button) and restoration:
View attachment 31182

And the second one, probably some IBM mainframe system terminal (not RS232, coaxial connector) with MC6800 and 64K of RAM:
View attachment 31183

That multitel-d looks almost identical to the Teleguide terminals we had here...

http://i.rdw.se/multitel-n-teleguide.jpg

That multitel-d looks almost identical to the Teleguide terminals we had here...
You had such telephone-text system in Sweden like German BTX / French Minitel?

Recently I bought a first Power Mac G3 in a plastic form, which completes my collection in this field:
Power_Macs.jpg

Nice, some early Pratchett there. It took me a while to remember what Ein Gutes Omen was (my edition has a different, non Kidby cover) and I'm still not sure what Dunkle Halunken is (little something, clearly), but the SF books have the original Strata and Dark Side of the Sun images (slightly cropped I think, but never mind).

Interesting, in that I presume Ein Gutes Omen is singular, while the English title is in the plural.

Croissants and a pair of double sided Sharpies. I have been in the mood for croissants for a couple weeks, so I got some.

The markers are black and red and have the normal "fine" point on one side, and an ultrafine point on the other. The main reason I wanted one is that I printed and laminated a chart I made, and I wanted to be able to read what I wrote on it. I also found a single error, even after correcting errors from the source material I used...I guess I didn't check closely enough when trying to make it more clear.

For the above mentioned chart I used English language resources (which were translations of ancient Greek originals). One of these frequently mentioned work being done by someone else at the time of writing that would be more comprehensive. That has subsequently been published. Unfortunately it is in German and rather expensive (94 Eurobucks). It seems as though it could displace everything else I used. There are a couple of (somewhat) less scholarly books available in English that might cover, or at least reference or otherwise make use of, the other book. One of the books is by a professor, however I believe it is intended more for a popular interest crowd, so I am unsure of the quality (however, based on what he has shared on his website and in a preview of his book, one column of my chart consists of an edited form of his early work). The other book seems like it combines a few of the ancient originals' variations, and to fill in where sections were missing and unavailable. I strongly doubt the quality of this, despite people in reviews saying it includes a lot of historical background info, primarily due to the misleading nature of the title.

Because of all that I would strongly prefer the book in German. My understanding of German is, and I can usually only barely make out some short comments or phrases in German, so my skills aren't up to trying to read something like this, where ancient Greek may also be discussed, and the meaning of individual words may be extremely important. (The relevance of the book seems to be significant in its niche, as I found it referenced by several other books when doing a search of the title.) Anyone have any suggestions, or maybe want to help me read the book?

Went to a flea market today. Saw a PS3 but skipped it because there was no info on the FW version.

Pulled the trigger on a neat little 2.1 speaker set for my PC though. Haggled the price down to 7€, bloody good value.

Edit: New battery for my old phone. Here's to another 2 years of service from the bugger.

Edit: USB mic

Last edited:
Farming Simulator for Nintendo Switch
Plays like the PC Version but on a Handheld...

Sadly it’s a bit Divicult as they also included a Business Simulation, it’s Not just driving Traktor, it’s the whole live of a farmer, whit lots of costs..

Hopefully I can make enough ingame money some time to buy some of the cool farm mashines they include..
cd883d78578a2de7c96e6f77b2ba25b7.jpg

^^ its needs some new strings, and the white part under the head seems to be off set.., mybe this can be fixed whit a bit wood clue,
have fun whit it, playing guitar isnt divicult, but its needs a lot to play it good..

Finally got a GameCube for $50 bucks. Spent the evening playing tony hawk 3 and need for speed underground 2.

Attachments

• D70EA865-3A8A-4D51-A1E5-8995396FC75C.jpg
    D70EA865-3A8A-4D51-A1E5-8995396FC75C.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 352
^^ its needs some new strings, and the white part under the head seems to be off set.., mybe this can be fixed whit a bit wood clue,
have fun whit it, playing guitar isnt divicult, but its needs a lot to play it good..
yes i noticed the nut was loose as well. i did mention it needed strings . picked it up this afternoon. its in good condition tone is good , new strings tomorrow and a drop of super glue to anchor the nut and its a goer!!
might get to finish my Cigar Box Guitar this weekend if the rain holds off..

Farming Simulator for Nintendo Switch
Plays like the PC Version but on a Handheld...

Sadly it’s a bit Divicult as they also included a Business Simulation, it’s Not just driving Traktor, it’s the whole live of a farmer, whit lots of costs..

Hopefully I can make enough ingame money some time to buy some of the cool farm mashines they include..
That reminds me of when I started to lose interest with FPSs. I don't play them to have a realistic experience, for example. Waiting for things to load at random times also doesn't help.

Once things get to a point where they are very close to the real thing, are they still fun? You don't have the risk of genuine failure, going broke and losing everything (unless you play too much), but do we really want all simulators to follow the lead of Desert Bus? I don't imagine Goat Simulator would have been very popular if actually simulated the life of a goat.

I had figured they included the business side of farming in those, though. Maybe that is because I grew up playing Sim City. Do the older ones not have that?
Doom for Nintendo Switch :)
(The GBA Game is older)

fd823c4b8debc447f80f6b244cc5369d.jpg
Nice pair! Please give thoughts after you play the new one (see above concerns).

As for me, I bought some dice, and some reproduction ancient coins I ordered should be here Monday.

Well, i ditnt have something to compare the Graphics on the Switch Version, as the other Dooms i have are for GBA, and Doom 3 , but for me its looks pretty good, shure no Ultra HD 4k but its not an ugly game..
I ditnt made lot gameplay yet, only 2 Levels in Arcade Mode, but its played pretty good, shooting was much fun, only these "Glory Kill" Play Element where you have to finish your enemy in close range compat to get some health back is a bit strange, as its take some flow out of the fast shooter.., but this was also a kritik on the normal version, not just on the switch..
And it seems like you have to be allways online, but mybe i ditnt found the switch to take this option off..
Its needed a big update to start the first time, so its seems like the Game Cardridge was a bit too tiny..

When i compare the Boxes of Doom GBA and Doom Switch, its seems like on the GBA there is no rating sign on the Box (PEGI)

I think PEGI ratings stared to come on when I was buying dreamcast games. I'm not sure many GBA games had them. Anything that was courting controversy could send the game to the film rating board, so some games were marked as if they were 18-rated movies in this country, but that was entirely optional IIRC. Most games just had no age rating.

I bought the GBA Doom Game used, so i ditnt know if this is a German (USK) or international( Pegi Version)
Maybe they made the rating sticker on the Foil around the box..

Back