What have you bought recently?

Shin Megami Tensai 1+2 + DevilSumoner1 + Hack 2+3+4 for Playstation 2.

For completing my Ps2 Rpg Collection.
I am near finished with it.
Only a handfull Ps2 RPGs are not here :D

Treated myself to this last night, so still waiting for it to arrive but looking foward to listening to it :)

http://data-discs.com/products/goldenaxe

DATA_DISCS-053_1024x1024.jpg

...missed the limited with purple blobs on the gold, but this one still looking good eh
Some lovely looking artwork in the sleeves inside too.

I will most likely hang this on my wall, as have a few of those vinyl photo frames, and this artwork deserves a place in one of them

@Fzero What frames are you using to hang your records up? I don't trust the cheap, stapled frames to not give out and the wall-mounted boxes are too expensive.

4 cans of green chiles (from a particular area of New Mexico). I prefer fresh, and to clean and freeze them, however I am in the wrong part of the world for that now. Since I was able to get them locally I just bought the canned ones. I bought 4 cans in case they sell out and don't get restocked, like the last time they were available locally. I wasn't very happy that it looked like someone used most of the cans as hockey pucks.

Whit Update 1.10 the GBA Everdrive now supports Emulator from Gameboy and Gameboycollor (works great) and Nintendo Entertainment System (ditnt work for me)
and now whit 1.11 its also supports Gamegear and Mastersystem from Sega
7725d1cb0820e2c8ae1834ebcd205593.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Klugschnurlosfehrnsprecher mit Plauderbrettweichware

I bought a 'new' digicam, arriving later today. It's a major upgrade over my old Oly C-370.
This is my first camera to offer full manual mode. Looking forward to learning!

It runs on AA batteries(!) and can even record audio comments. Includes an IR receiver. So I can use the Note or n900 as remotes! The maemo software, Pierogi, even allows for triggering the phone's LED flash in sync with the shutter. Cool beans.

A LightGun for PC... after almost 30 years waiting to buy one, I just found out there are like 3 producers in the entire world, and no one from Europe :(
Had to get it from America

If you don't know, all the Lightguns made starting from PS2 and going back in time are not working on flat screens/LCD/Plasma, them where made to work only on CRT monitors, while the ones I'm referring to are working on modern monitors.

A LightGun for PC... after almost 30 years waiting to buy one, I just found out there are like 3 producers in the entire world, and no one from Europe :(
Had to get it from America

If you don't know, all the Lightguns made starting from PS2 and going back in time are not working on flat screens/LCD/Plasma, them where made to work only on CRT monitors, while the ones I'm referring to are working on modern monitors.
It is working with extra IR lights like a wiimote+wiibar ?

Both are correct, but "What have you bought recently?" is cleaner for sure.
I'm not too sure, but isn't one rather used for something which happened not too long before the statement and the other one for something placed somewhere inside a longer period of time like:

"I've bought myself a nice ale today"
and

"I've been buying quite a lot of ale lately"
?

It is working with extra IR lights like a wiimote+wiibar ?

yes, but it's USB and recognised as HID mouse/joystick

by the way, I just finally was able to make the wiimote working on Windows... I'm not sure about it, but maybe it's because I had Dolphin running while pairing... it took anyway 30 minutes of disconnection/reconnection... now it's stable for the first time ever... I fear disconnecting it now... anyway I don't have a wiibar to try :(

I ordered a proper gun just because I had a week of failures with the wiimote (this could have been cheaper indeed)

Last edited:
I'm not too sure, but isn't one rather used for something which happened not too long before the statement and the other one for something placed somewhere inside a longer period of time like:

"I've bought myself a nice ale today"
and

"I've been buying quite a lot of ale lately"
?

Well except in the context of the sentence it's end up essentially being the same.

I could essentially say: "I've bought myself a lot of ale lately", to me bought doesn't necessarily imply a short period of time and it doesn't necessarily imply single or plural in context.

However my english skills are fairly horrible even as a native speaker... I need some of the IRC grammar/spelling police to correct me.

I would say "lately, i've bought (myself) a lot of ale - for myself"

Buying recently, signifies things are being bought recurrently, or as opposed to earlier.

Have you bought anything (of interest) lately, is the open ended way to go.

And the thread should be named "admit it, you bought something cool"

I would say "lately, i've bought (myself) a lot of ale - for myself"
Well that just makes you sound pretentious and a cheapskate for not buying me ale.

Buying recently, signifies things are being bought recurrently, or as opposed to earlier.
Well "recently" itself doesn't imply recurrence, I'd actually say "buying" does.

Last edited:
Back