• halo: combat evolved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • generals: delux pack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

saintdragon

Website
Visit site
i want to buy a game tommorow from pc world and thats what games i want to buy but im only going to buy one game...

the games are for pc and im buying it because i want a game that i play on the internet/multiplayer.

any opinion or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. :) B)

edit:the pole is wrong damm it!!! can a mod fix it pritty please. :)

Fixed :)

There is no contest here. CZ is proclaimed to be crap. Might as well play CS against bots. Halo isn't that fun an FPS on its own and the PC port is buggy as hell. Generals and ESPECIALLY its expansion are awesome multiplayer games with lots of fun potential. Single player isn't as good, but that won't be what takes up your time.

Rico posted on Apr 3 2005 at 08:50 PM said:

There is no contest here. CZ is proclaimed to be crap. Might as well play CS against bots. Halo isn't that fun an FPS on its own and the PC port is buggy as hell. Generals and ESPECIALLY its expansion are awesome multiplayer games with lots of fun potential. Single player isn't as good, but that won't be what takes up your time.

ok thanks for the fix, RICO.

ok so im leaning towards more of the cs or generals side.

lets see what other people have to say.

edit: my computer is realy crap its only 1.1ghz so i dont think it could play hl:2 nor cs:s

Last edited by a moderator:
I took Generals back as I got shit ping against people in the UK who where all on ADSL.

It was also pretty slow, no where near as good as my two fave RTS games; C&C Tib Sun (I was ranked UK number 2 :) ). and Total Annihilation.

Also Command And Conquer Rengade is ace online, although I was just really good at it and once your good its easy to get the top in most games.

PinkSpider posted on Apr 3 2005 at 08:56 PM said:
I took Generals back as I got shit ping against people in the UK who where all on ADSL.

It was also pretty slow, no where near as good as my two fave RTS games; C&C Tib Sun (I was ranked UK number 2 :) ). and Total Annihilation.

Also Command And Conquer Rengade is ace online, although I was just really good at it and once your good its easy to get the top in most games.

yeah i'v finished c&c:generals but i'v lost it somewhere in another house but i'v never had the online experience. :(

PinkSpider posted on Apr 3 2005 at 08:56 PM said:

i'v got c&c tib right now...

do i need to get an expansion pack to play online?

edit: sorry for posting i thought i was writting a pm to pinkspider but its here now so, does it.

saintdragon posted on Apr 3 2005 at 08:52 PM said:
Rico posted on Apr 3 2005 at 08:50 PM said:

ok thanks for the fix, RICO.

ok so im leaning towards more of the cs or generals side.

lets see what other people have to say.

edit: my computer is realy crap its only 1.1ghz so i dont think it could play hl:2 nor cs:s

1.1ghz will be fine for Half life2 CS:Source of course that depends on your graphics card and RAM.

I didnt play the expansion online. This was however a long time ago (1999), the servers where hacked around 2000 and most of the players where banned for a long time. Not bothered with it since, but the custom maps where truly fun and I was king.

Renegade is truly ace online, its a basic 1 v 1 with tanks and that, its pretty fun.. tiny bit of strategy (tiny) but tis cool (one player is shite).

I also used to enjoy Red Alert on the PSOne - My first RTS and I used to play the same map on Skirmish over and over again.

PinkSpider posted on Apr 3 2005 at 09:18 PM said:
I didnt play the expansion online. This was however a long time ago (1999), the servers where hacked around 2000 and most of the players where banned for a long time. Not bothered with it since, but the custom maps where truly fun and I was king.

Renegade is truly ace online, its a basic 1 v 1 with tanks and that, its pretty fun.. tiny bit of strategy (tiny) but tis cool (one player is shite).

I also used to enjoy Red Alert on the PSOne - My first RTS and I used to play the same map on Skirmish over and over again.

yep i'v tried c&c tib but its was realy slow or the server is down, but i didnt really like the game any way, i prefer c&c generals :) .

and my computer, well i bought it in 2000 but then later a have upgraded the fiemware to xp, i'v played source in a internet cafe and it looked amazing!!! but not too sure if my computer can produce such graphics ;) .

EDIT: shall i buy a game or save up? i dont have any good online games so i do get bored as im nearly always on the computer. ;)
well i can get cz or halo for £10 from pc world and c&c delux for £20 and i saw hl:2 for £25... i wanted to stay on the cheeper side as im saving up for the psp and only have a mere £34 towards my psp budget. :(

another EDIT: any more opinions will be great. :)

get CS:CZ or HL:platnum addition bth have CS with them I would get HL:platinum tho because you can make 2 accounts for CS :) just incase you get banned or you get bored... :rolleyes:

CS:CZ is just CS w/ bots and is kinda boring because the sprays are like completly different then CS and CS is just better

PinkSpider posted on Apr 3 2005 at 10:41 PM said:
Actually yea, just get HL cause ya know CZ isnt worth it.

I miss my CS dammit, its abit shit only having an Ibook.

so if i buy HL from any shop it comes with cs? i love cs!!! :)

If you buy the version that comes with CS then you get it on disk. However if you buy Half Life CS is free to download and play on your half life account.

I forget what the package is called but its like a tenner and you get HL/ Opposing Force/ CS/ Blue Shift. - You can then have two CS accounts.

And yes CS is truly ace.

PinkSpider posted on Apr 3 2005 at 10:47 PM said:
If you buy the version that comes with CS then you get it on disk. However if you buy Half Life CS is free to download and play on your half life account.

I forget what the package is called but its like a tenner and you get HL/ Opposing Force/ CS/ Blue Shift. - You can then have two CS accounts.

And yes CS is truly ace.

yes i'v heard of that... good value for money. :)

does anyone still play cs here? if so we can pm each other and vs each other when i get... hopefully tommorow. :)

PinkSpider posted on Apr 3 2005 at 11:15 PM said:
Unfortunately both my PCs have been out of action for a while and im on a mac, no CS for me... infact hardly any games for me. Sob.

:( i was looking forward if i can have a match with you cause you sound confident. :D

Back