What Files To I Need To Run Gp Quake?

RatchetMan

Still Fresh
and where do they go on my gp32?

Can we have a dedicated Help and Support forum setup for gpquake like we currently have for gpdoom?

RatchetMan

hm, i have quake1 on my pc, but in the ID1 folder there is no .pak file, but several single files.
i guess, the .pak was extracted. can i just put all files from the /id1 folder in an archive? and what kind of archive? .rar or .zip?

edit: my /id1 folder on the pc contains 53,7MB

0-bake posted on Sep 14 2004 at 02:16 PM said:
hm, i have quake1 on my pc, but in the ID1 folder there is no .pak file, but several single files.
i guess, the .pak was extracted. can i just put all files from the /id1 folder in an archive? and what kind of archive? .rar or .zip?
Yes there are several files but are you sure you don't see any .pak files? I have 9 files but two of them are .pak files: PAK0.PAK and PAK1.PAK.

Last edited by a moderator:
0-bake posted on Sep 14 2004 at 02:16 PM said:

edit: my /id1 folder on the pc contains 53,7MB
I've never heard of the pak0.pak and pak1.pak files being stored extracted before, but it should work if you just copy all the files over. Quake shouldn't care if the files are packaged or not, just as long as the file structure is correct.

okay, i'll try it later.

i recently read this "extracting hint" for doom3. you can extract the packages (*.pk4) with winrar and the game doesn't need the time to extract the files while playing.

0-bake posted on Sep 14 2004 at 05:07 PM said:
you can extract the packages (*.pk4) with winrar and the game doesn't need the time to extract the files while playing.
Nope, then it needs the time to access the directory structure on the hard disk and for transfering more data. ;)

Greetings,
SvOlli

GBA_lover posted on Sep 14 2004 at 05:52 PM said:
i put all the files into the id1 folder but it comes up wityh gfx.wad coundn't load when i go to start the game

the beav
Are you trying extracted files or pak files? If it's pak files then you get that error if pak0.pak isn't found.

I don't have any pak files on my quake install either :huh:. I figured that it music have been extracted or something but couldn't find any help on google. Maybe it's because it's warez?

Check out the thread that it got realeased in. Near the end someone posted a link to a .pak of the shareware. Plus a couple cool quake mod sites... :D

Back