What Does Your Ocd Do To You?

loz_the_guru

i cant think of a good custom member title. Sugges
Website
Visit site
Well, we all thoguht it would never happen, but sam hgas finally made me sit back and think. I also have ocd tendencies, like the volume on stereos has to be an even number, or a 5. If its say 11 or 23 ill turn it up/down until its okay. I also wont use my toothbrush if anyone else does. Say my girlfriend picks it up and uses it by accident, ill just throw it out and use a new one.

Whats everyone elses little issues?

If I am talking to someone on an IM, and somebody else comes into the room I have to hide the evidence, even when I am talking about nothing that I would want hidden.

If I am talking to someone on an IM, and somebody else comes into the room I have to hide the evidence, even when I am talking about nothing that I would want hidden.
Me too. I don't care about hygeine issues like teeth brush. I too was thinking of making this topic. I do everything by routine. Drinks, certain time, no variation if can be helped. I don't do that out of the house but out of the house I do. I prefer predicable order than random chaos. I always worry about breaking things adn make sure everything is in th right place where it is perfect to view yet also less likely to be broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also like categorising stuff on my computer even to the extent that it starts ruining the usability.

I don't have it severe, but enough for my doctor to notice. What he caught me doing was blink my eyes in repetitive sucession, usually to the tune of william tell (wtf). What happens with me is these little manisfestations that change every now and then. The first one I recall was the the blinking, then it turned into cracking my neck in an odd number of times, and then it was scratching random objects. Currently, it's rubbing my head. It's weird, it feels like there are a bunch of dead skin "balls" that bother me to no end. It reminds me of that neutrogena commercial where they show you the blackhead It's actually just light dandruff, but...there's no explanation, must. get. it. out! If you've ever read an isaac asimov book, and read to the descriptions of a "rising potential", that's how it feels. It's like this crawling annoyance that spreads through your body, you want to rip it apart and make it go away, but then you remember that it's not real, and your acting weird again. But your pissed anyways. To make the urges go away, I scratch stuff, but this chronic scratching has turned into a new manisfestation, and now my head hurts.

I'm screwed up, in many, many ways. Yep.

I also like categorising stuff on my computer even to the extent that it starts ruining the usability.
I like categorising stuff on my computer to try to regain usability!
Me too :p To no avail though.

I shift my focus from one thing I worry about to another. First what my Flu, then Blu then GP2x then Xbox 360 then PC which is fricking expensive but has 3 year warranty so I am quite happy.

I used to wash my hands every time I got up. At least 15 times a day.

Nowadays you may find me answering more than once to a single question:

"Are you going to the mall today?"
"Yep. Uh-huh. I'm going today. Yea, me and my friend, we'll be going together. Mhmmm. Yep."

I like to think no one notices.

When someone is playing with one of my electronic devices, I tend to get really overprotective of it.

Also, before my other 2x was stolen, I would keep my 2x in a case with a cloth on the screen too. Same as TelcoLou. Now... not so much. I got a screen protector on it over the screen so I guess I can just remove that if it ever gets terrible.

my secret shame

user posted image

Me too. I don't care about hygeine issues like teeth brush. I too was thinking of making this topic. I do everything by routine. Drinks, certain time, no variation if can be helped. I don't do that out of the house but out of the house I do. I prefer predicable order than random chaos. I always worry about breaking things adn make sure everything is in th right place where it is perfect to view yet also less likely to be broken.

I type all my posts with correct grammatical structure and spelling...

I polish my gp2x's screen repeatedly even though it's crystal clear

I polish my gp2x's screen repeatedly even though it's crystal clear

You goddamn freak ... (I do the same thing :( ) I also keep it wrapped in it's giant micro-fiber cloth whilst in its case.

.. if I listed all my anal-retentive quirks, I'd break the internet.
I have this terrible obsession with quoting random people.

I contantly feel the need to correct other people's spelling.

Altough I definately try not to act on it as much as I would like.

It especially bothers me when people are talking about brand-name products and they replace a 'c' with a 'k' or vice versa.

I'm seriously obsessed with spelling and grammar. I must admit to a bit of vandalism involving a marker and a sign saying "Book's". For the good of the people, of course.

I contantly feel the need to correct other people's spelling.

Altough I definately try not to act on it as much as I would like.

It especially bothers me when people are talking about brand-name products and they replace a 'c' with a 'k' or vice versa.
Constantly, peoples', although, definitely ;)

Back