What About The Doom Games?

yosh64

Website
yosh64.redirectme.net
hey

I was wondering if anyone is porting these?

If not I might have a go as I have all the original doom games :).

I might just try port prboom or whatever on linux.

edit
I'm guessing it would be on gp2x, so might look at that port if it's opensource also.

I just had a really quick look at the prboom website, and I think it uses SDL.

cyas

I will port Zdoom (and my other GP2X ports) once SDL is available, hopefully i would have ironed out some of the bugs by september (or when ever). Zdoom is probably superior to PrBoom in every way.... once i get audio working.

However, if your keen, go for it.

Edit: Yea, i can't spell.

Adventus said:
I will port Zdoom (and my other GP2X ports) once SDL is available, hopefully i would have ironed out some of the bugs by september (or when ever). Zdoom is probably superior to PrBoom in every way.... once i get audio working.

However, if your keen, go for it.

Edit: Yea, i can't spell.
That sounds great mate, I wonder if you could port Duke 3D with music also?

Last edited by a moderator:
ZDooM u say...?
Cool, but don't u think that GZDooM will be better?
(source code available too)

That sounds great mate, I wonder if you could port Duke 3D with music also?
I'll consider it if a port doesn't exist after i've done my other projects.

Cool, but don't u think that GZDooM will be better?
And about 3x more work, I would have to convert the renderer to OpenGL ES. Considering I've already got a portable Zdoom i may aswell use it, some people even prefer the software rendering. At some point it may happen....

no, no!
I didn't say about renderer. I say about game engine. ZD do not support 3D floors etc... ect... ect...

no, no!
I didn't say about renderer. I say about game engine. ZD do not support 3D floors etc... ect... ect...
The additional features present in GZdoom are largely due to its OpenGL renderer. The software renderer is not designed to render true 3D like GZdoom, hence certain features of the "game engine" are not possible without significant reworking.

Back