Wft?! My Hardrive Is Corrupt!

V3X

Dance Pac-man. DANCE!!!!
Website
Visit site
hi i was trying to burn a file to a data cd, and it failed. then i see that my h drive the drive with the file) is corrupt. cant delete anything, but when i put sumthing there(copy it) a little thing comes up from the tool bar saying thatthe data cant be saved or sumthing. heres a pic
13599.jpg

and also, the format has changed to ntfs, when it should be fat32. and i cant burn anything from that drive to a cd, nor can i mve anything.

please help me.

edit, i cant defrag it either

It seems totally screwed. Only advice I can throw in is to try mounting it with Linux, that way you can choose the format and enforce FAT32, then it might work. Not sure why Windows is mounting as NTFS.

V3X posted on Oct 5 2004 at 08:17 AM said:
hi i was trying to burn a file to a data cd, and it failed. then i see that my h drive the drive with the file) is corrupt. cant delete anything, but when i put sumthing there(copy it) a little thing comes up from the tool bar saying thatthe data cant be saved or sumthing. heres a pic
13599.jpg

and also, the format has changed to ntfs, when it should be fat32. and i cant burn anything from that drive to a cd, nor can i mve anything.

please help me.

edit, i cant defrag it either
This happened to me and I gained a paper weight. When I would try and format it would never get past the 55% mark and would just fuck up. One of my many wont format hard drives... as a bugger as it had all my anime on.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmmm. odd. i just rebooted my computer and oi can seem to copy files from h(corrupted) to my d drive?!?!?!?!?!

ill report back with how it goes.

HOLY FUNKIN CRAP!!!!!!

it worked!

noe illl try to burn the files to a cd.

ill report back with how it goes.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it worked!

V3X posted on Oct 5 2004 at 09:00 AM said:
wll that delete evrything on it, coz i need to burn sumthing from it for my friend.
No, unlike Windows, Linux won't mount the hard drive if it's the wrong format. Say if it was your second harddrive and the only partition:

mkdir /mnt/windows
mount -t vfat /dev/hdb1 /mnt/windows

It could complain, or it could mount it at FAT32, allowing you to grab the files off and burn them or move them to another drive or something.

Obviously it requires some linux knowledge, but it's not too tricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back