weird sound out of my computer when I am on the Pandora wiki

AnimatedFreak

Very Active Member
Ok this is going to be hard to describe and sorry if my grammer is bad :(

So when I am on the Pandora Wiki page I notice a weird sound comming out of my computer.

It's hard to describe and a really weak sound.

It's like when you watch a Youtube video and you hear a small piping sound from a cheap webcam.

I only get it on some part of the site. Like on the Games list

http://pandorawiki.org/Games

I mean, the site seam to work just fine but I get that sound when ever I am on there and it's kinda creepy, like my compute is about to explode XD.

It's one of thows sound that if your to old (like over 40) you can't hear it.

Im I the only one how have notice it or what?

Webcams make noises when you watch videos?! You have one strange computer :blink: .

Having said that, I use cheap headphones with nothing playing as my system monitor!

Webcams make noises when you watch videos?! You have one strange computer :blink: .

Having said that, I use cheap headphones with nothing playing as my system monitor!
No I mean if the video was made from a webcam. I guss I mean the computer mic that pick upp a small sound. Hard to explane ^^'

and that is what it sounds like, you know?

Well, maybe your monitor has a hard time displaying something?

I used to hear that sound with my EX-Monitor (R.I.P.) but it was a 10 years old CRT with integrated aplifier and audio speakers... the volume started to have issues when using the wheel on the monitor, so i stopped to use it, but after some year I started to punch the monitor to be able to hear left AND right sound from speakers...

For some year I heard that low sound played random

:lol: @ Powergod

Pink: Does the problem still occur when you mute the speakers?

I have come to the conclusion that its all in your mind, seek help.

That or, it might be your hard drive :lol:

Might be the graphic-card. AFAIR the capacitors on it sometimes make noise. Mine is clearly audible when i run glxgears (I'm running Linux on my PC). It's a kind of constant electronic, very fast chirping sound like it's coming from a very small bird on steroids.

Another strange experience I had was that the speed of music-playback was slightly changed, constantly going up and down a bit, resulting in a slight de-tuning when downloading while playing music. During my research I noticed that the onboard ethernet-controller and my soundcard shared the same IRQ. After changing that this behaviour vanished.

You're not alone with this! The white dressed men are already coming for you! ;)

Back