*watches Newsreel On Gp32*

dr_other

And it is beautiful.

Thank you all for the help you have given me... this has been the only thing that I just couldn't figure out for the GP32, no matter how hard I tired... it tookt he writie software combination, a guide, and a lot of searching but... it works beautifully.

And now, I am off to do the same to The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Can't wait to watch full movies and episodes on this little thing.

Cheers!

good for you, i mean it, I got all the software and crap and I still can't get jack shit to play on my GP32, at least you had better luck.

i cant get DVD2AVI working:
I wait a few hours and then it doesn't have sound or the picure is messed up. I gave up :( But maybe i'll try again :D

A few hours? That seems like a rather long time... I stated that the Day The Earth Stood Still was being... processed? in DVD2AVI just a little while after I started it... and it is already done... not the longest movie but...

Frankly, DVD2AVI is the easiest part. Don't give up hope yet! :D

geo12 posted on Jul 19 2004 at 09:36 PM said:
i cant get DVD2AVI working:
I wait a few hours and then it doesn't have sound or the picure is messed up. I gave up :( But maybe i'll try again :D
Me too. I'm an idiot at that type of that thing and naturally need an idiotproof program. :( Then again, make it idiotproof and someone will make a better idiot. (me) :p :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... what would you need DVD shrink for? It will probably end up being the reason I can't get an avi out of my dvd's with dvd2avi. All that happens is it saves it instantly, but it cannot be read. Heck, the file is 0kb.

On second thought, is there any chance of someone posting a small how-to that tells the basics of what to do? Doesn't need to be anything too complicated, just so I can get a head start. I would take a look at other threads, but they seem to just say which program to use.

Thanks,
spongebue

I know the feeling...

I myself am far from educated... but if no one attempts to give a guide, I will at least attempt to do a quick walkthrough... I had to patch five or six together before I figured it out.

DVD Shrink is something you use to rip the DVD. Put the DVD in, open DVD Shrink, show DVD Shrink what you want ripped and.... there you go.

DVD Shrink then creates VOB files, which you put into DVD2AVI, which then makes two files that you run through virtualdub after making a dummy avi file with VFAPI....

That is a summery, I believe.

Well, I have a fast computer (AMD Athlon64 in 32-bit mode 3000+ with a gig of RAM) so I don't think that will be a huge problem. Seems like it will take 5 minutes for DVD Shrink to do an episode of The Simpsons :)

Bah. My computer is four years old or so...

And it takes a good deal of time for a regular movie... so I think you are underestimating a bit.

I am estimating, actually, about 15, 20 minutes... it took me about 10 minutes to rip 10 minutes of Jesus Christ Superstar.

Back