Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I Did

• No, but most people I knew did

• No I didn't

• Total voters

I had an internal modchip... how else was I gonna play Tobal 2?

did it my self :)

Oh, When you say PSone, do you mean that Small PSone or the Normal big PSone? or both?

I have a Internal Mod chip, External Modchip and a External VCD Player adaptor thats also an external Mod Chip :)

I started off with the External then got the internal for it then got the VCD

I had an external modchip which I skilfully fitted myself :lol:

Everyone I knew had their ps1 chipped, and for say about every 10 people, there was someone supplying games.

Instead of getting 1,2 or maybe 3 games for Chirstmas, Kids around ours used to get like 10 or 20 pirated games.

...much like it is nowadays I suppose.

+I currently own a modded XBOX.

no, but everyone else I knew did.
Then again i only got a ps1 when it was dead and buried.

nope, but i knew about it and really wanted free burned games then!
i never pirated anything back in the ps1 and DC games, but finally jumped on the piracy wagon with the ps2(got a decent computer then along with a cd burner and later a dvd burner).
now i don't burn games much, just buy the few i play.

I have a chipped PSOne now but for the lifetime of the machine I didn't, and I don't know anyone other than me who has a chipped console.

I got my chipped PSOne a year ago as I saw it cheap and thought I would get it to try out some of those US games that never made it to Europe (mainly RPGs).

Yes i did to, originally to play import stuff then i started to borrow copies, then i bought a few, but then when i came to buy um jammer lammy import i was told if it was chipped to play copies it wouldnt work, so i waited for the uk release, then i got a pocketstation with pocket muu muu and it wouldnt work either, so i had it chipped AGAIN at cex in bham, but now i couldnt play copies, then a guy at work started sellin pirate games(ps1 and dreamcast) but was selling a plastic thing that plugged in the back of my ps1 as well that came with a spring(using the disc swap trick) then i ended up with a bunch of crap games (ie dukes of hazzard) that i never played, and last time i tried the ps1 it wouldnt play anythin other than pal games. maybe theres a moral in there somewhere.... ;)

Never had PSOne... :(

However, my Playstation had an Action Replay-type thingy, and spring to faciliate me playing North American games. A swap-trick.

And I still despise people calling any first-gen Playstation PSOne. If it does not say PSone on the machine, it's Playstation. Or even PSX. :) I don't care if Sony calls them PSOne, they're stupid. :angry:

There were never any good games released for PSOne, just crappy conversions of hit PS2 games... And Who Want's to Be Millionaire. <_<

I mean, you don't call the prequel to Terminator 2 Terminator 1, and World War II World War I. (It's The Great War :p )

Mine was not chipped but casemodded :D

I called it Legostation:
bild0023of.gif

bild0048ya.gif

omg... Quiest, that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen... I think the only thing that comes close is the portable NES built by some French guy

NPES_01.jpg

preview1.jpg

A first gen PSX internally chipped and I also used a gameshark device to play the few later games that were 'smart' and could detect the mod chip (strider 2).

Also a newer PS One (the small one) that's not chipped but doesn't need it... just take down the button that tells the drive that the CD door is closed (okay that's a mod since you need to open up the system to do it), and then you can use a gameshark to play imports/burns.

Jarska333 posted on Jul 12 2005 at 07:33 PM said:
There were never any good games released for PSOne, just crappy conversions of hit PS2 games... And Who Want's to Be Millionaire. <_<
Umm, the PSOne was a small playstation and not a new console, so any game released for the playstation was aimed at both machines :/.

I also have a chipped PS2 now and was quite fond of pirating DC games.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the other forum, I just made the answers Yes or No. 2 answered No, 13 answered yes. I wonder, has anyone on this forum voted for No and not owned one at all? My phrasing of the question isn't very clear.

That's a big percentage, even if it is a gaming forum. It seems most people indeed have had a chipped PSOne, or at least know someone with one. I'd say then that my 1/3 of all PSOnes were chipped guess is pretty accurate.

Back