Warlock Bar Questions

WorldTripping

Hi,

I'm using Warlock Bar on my new Pandora, as I think the combination of that plus Conky works really well.

Just a couple of questions, how can I get it to start when I boot the unit. I have tried a couple of xfce tips but non work. I would like to use the same methodology to open conky on boot too.

Also, any idea why the Arduino pnd would give an error when being run from the bar with "pnd_run path_to_pnd".

Lastly, how do I add a normal terminal session.

Cheers.

i think a lot of your questions are answered in the original warlockbar thread. Did you already skim through it?

Hi, and thanks for replying.

Yes I did read all of that thread before I posted.

Maybe I missed something but I don't think that it mentions how to make wbar open when the Pandora is booted.

Also my Arduino issue seems quite specific to that pnd. Other pnd's like Midori and vlc open just fine when using the command and path you provided. It's just the Arduino one errors and doesn't open.

Mods, please merge threads if needed.

Cheers.

Arduino has a bug in the run script.

I fixed it for one of my helpers on the gamescom.

In the launcher script, it runs "arduino/arduino" whereas it should be "./arduino/arduino"

You can rip the script out from the PND, change it and put it into the appdata-Dir as a temporary fix .

I can do that for you if you like.

hmmm.

This didn't work for me. I mounted the pnd, took the run script and amended as suggested and placed in the appdata dir.

Arduino still boots OK from the menu or the desktop, but it will not boot from wbar, neither using the pnd_run command or executing the amended run script in appdata.

I think I'm going to leave this alone and get back to finding a way of making the bar autostart on boot.

Cheers.

Putting the pnd_run command for warlockbar in .bashrc doesn't work?

For the arduino command I have no clue why it shouldn't work. Are there multiple programs in the arduino pnd? if so, try pnd_run -1 /path/program.pnd.

Hi mcobit.

Cheers for that but no joy I'm afraid.

Using: pnd_run /media/APPS/pandora/menu/arduino.pnd

In a terminal, executes OK.

In wbar you get a "There seems to be an unrecoverable error" message.

Using: pnd_run -1 /media/APPS/pandora/menu/arduino.pnd

In a terminal, fails to run with a "No more applications in pnd-file" message

In wbar it is simply unresponsive.

I'm only posting the above for completeness as I know that you are the maintainer and might want to know such things.

I'm just going to leave it off my Bar and launch it via the menu.

Cheers for the responses.

I will try that when I have some time. I can only imagine, that there is something wrong with mounting the javapnd when starting the program through wbar. I think it is based on java isn't it?

Maybe a short delay might help already, but I need to test.

About wbar at startup :

----> settings

----> desktop

----> session and startup

--------> application auto start

-------------> + add

command can be found here :

----> file system

----> usr

----> share

----> applications

----> warlock bar

Right click, properties, launcher, copy the command line and paste it.

Works for me on SZ 1.51.

@BAFelton

You know, I could have sworn the other day when I booted this thing that there were some xfce options missing. I guess I just kept missing those Settings | Desktop | Loads of Other Options.

Cheers, that worked perfectly. Got both wbar and conky starting from boot now.

And for the record, xfce doesn't like one autostart option being set where the panel is at the top, and another autostart option being set when the panel is to the side. Best to set the panel to autohide so you can see all of the screen estate, and set up your multiple screen autostarts then.

Thanks again everyone.

Arduino has a bug in the run script.

I fixed it for one of my helpers on the gamescom.

In the launcher script, it runs "arduino/arduino" whereas it should be "./arduino/arduino"

You can rip the script out from the PND, change it and put it into the appdata-Dir as a temporary fix .

I can do that for you if you like.
Well thanks for reporting that to me so I can fix it. Sheesh.

Weird that it worked for at least two of us without changes though. Were you using the PND from the repo?

There was this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/APPS/pandora/menu/arduino.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/APPS/pandora/appdata/wbar

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : arduino.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop3" "/mnt/utmp/hdonk_arduino"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/APPS/pandora/appdata/hdonk_arduino=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/hdonk_arduino=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/hdonk_arduino"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (arduino.sh ) ----------

/mnt/utmp/hdonk_arduino/arduino

:java/lib/rt.jar:java/lib/tools.jar:lib/RXTXcomm.jar:lib/core.jar:lib/ecj.jar:lib/jna.jar:lib/pde.jar

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (arduino.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/hdonk_arduino': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that helps in some small way.

Cheers.

pndrun_hdonk_arduino.out.zip

Attachments

• pndrun_hdonk_arduino.out.zip
    763 bytes · Views: 128
Cheers for the responses, just a couple of probably completely noob questions though.

How do I get a Terminal to open up in my Home folder, like a normal terminal session?

Where are the icons for pnd's like vlc and rockbox, I can't seem to find them ?

Cheers.

Any Terminal Session that I try and put a short-cut to on the Bar starts in the wbar directory.

How can I force the Session to start in my $Home directory ?

Cheers.

Any Terminal Session that I try and put a short-cut to on the Bar starts in the wbar directory.

Cheers.
Make sure your uid is set up to use bash, and add 'cd ${HOME}' to your .bashrc script?

Except bash may not be installed, due to the Angstrom distribution.

You can always do the same in /etc/profile

Cheers.
Make sure your uid is set up to use bash, and add 'cd ${HOME}' to your .bashrc script?

Except bash may not be installed, due to the Angstrom distribution.

You can always do the same in /etc/profile

That .bashrc change has an effect on opening a Terminal Session from the menu, in that it already starts correctly in Home, so errors and tells me it cannot find Home.

No change in the Warlock Bar Terminal Session though, still starts in the wbar directory.

Cheers.

Back