Wanted: New LCD cable / TV out cable

groovechicken

Well, my LCD cable was acting up so I decided to try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable ends just to be sure that wasn't the cause. In the process of putting the screen outer shell back into the hinge, I finished off the cable and now am without my Pandora. To make matters worse, I just discovered that the store doesn't have any spare cables in stock. Guess I should have checked that first. :/

Anyway, if anyone has extra spare LCD cables they would be willing to sell, I would really appreciate it.

Additionally, if I had a TV out cable, at least I would still be able to use it while I wait for a replacement LCD cable, so I need to scrounge one of those up too, I guess.

Ah, that's a shame. My LCD cable seems to be showing signs to stress at the moment (pale blue tinge to seemingly random lines where the colour is white, especially to the right of colour elements, often fixed by closing and opening the lid), so I need to pick up a replacement myself at some point I reckon. I should pay more attention to stock levels myself.

seemingly random lines where the colour is white, especially to the right of colour elements
I just noticed that these symptoms were listed.  I notice that I have very faint horizontal lines at times.  I don't think they interfere with the other images when there isn't a big field of white.  I can't recall how long it has been like this, or if they were ever not there.  Is this something I should investigate or be worried about? 

>>  Is this something I should investigate or be worried about? 

I would just leave it alone until it fails. It might be a good idea to start looking around for a spare cable before you actually need it, though.

The only place to get LCD cables is probably my shop... we're currently building the remaining units and will see how many cables will be left then.

Then we can sell them.

We might also be able to get more cables from the manufacturer, for the ones that failed from the very beginning.

But I do not know that yet...

The only place to get LCD cables is probably my shop... we're currently building the remaining units and will see how many cables will be left then.

Then we can sell them.

We might also be able to get more cables from the manufacturer, for the ones that failed from the very beginning.

by any chance is there a way to get a longer cable (TV OUT) for the Pandora? My manager is thinking of getting a Pandora, but he said it must have a long cable that can connect into the TV so he can sit down, relax and play it on the big screen when he is home. I have been meaning to ask you this for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Then we can sell them.

by any chance is there a way to get a longer cable for the Pandora? My manager is thinking of getting a Pandora, but he said it must have a long cable that can connect into the TV so he can sit down, relax and play it on the big screen when he is home. I have been meaning to ask you this for a while.
It looks to me like you can use whatever length cable between the tv out cable and the tv you want. 

Then we can sell them.

by any chance is there a way to get a longer cable for the Pandora? My manager is thinking of getting a Pandora, but he said it must have a long cable that can connect into the TV so he can sit down, relax and play it on the big screen when he is home. I have been meaning to ask you this for a while.
It looks to me like you can use whatever length cable between the tv out cable and the tv you want. 
oh, does the shop give you that option? I thought it was only one size...I hope I am not in the wrong place, I am talking about the cable you would use to hook up your Pandora to a TV. Or would you have to get extension cables? or maybe I am talking about something completely different and got confused....whoops.

I was actually talking about the TV OUT cable hehe.

The connectors led me to that conclusion:

pandora-tv-out-cable.jpg

The connectors led me to that conclusion:

pandora-tv-out-cable.jpg
that's them! Yeah my manager wants a long version of that so he could sit on his couch and play it from home. He wants all of his emulators one device that he can play anywhere. Oh wait I see you need to connect that into other TV out cables :p awesome.

Back