Wally's Testing Thread

Wally

I am a banana!
I'm starting to get some time again and am beginning to test some things and add some SDL 1.2 projects given the recent fixes that are available.

I have one DBP I've tested, I see the problem and I need someone to test to see if it works as I left my Pyra at home (More coming)

Can someone please test Tileworld as attached?

P.S @EvilDragon can you add .DBP as an allowed extension for upload? :)

Attachments

• tileworld4139-0.1.dbp.7z
    824.9 KB · Views: 200
I wear happy to test it for you, unfortunally there is this Time Difference between Australia an Europe, your Post was 3 in the Morning .. , and im now at work..
But if i have time until my break, or until the evening, i will test

Hi all !

@Wally : you're welcome :)

Could you please explain how you are making those DBPs ? At the moment I'm trying to understand how it works based on the scripts @TrashyMG posted in another thread, but there are still some things I don't understand. By comparing your two methods I may get some of the missing clues. I can't wait to start porting my small collection of PNDs over to the Pyra :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all !

@ouzle : thanks for reminding me of this thread from 2015, it's really helpful :)

If I understand correctly, binaries go inside application_name/gamedata, right ?

In the case of a simple UNIX application, I'd run ./configure --prefix=/path/to/application_name/gamedata to install everything in this directory, is that correct ?

Is there still a need to worry about the future mount point of the package ? I see there are two of them on the Pyra: /mnt/dbp/images and /mnt/dbp/union. Is there a difference between them ? And most importantly, should we care at all ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Making a DBP is a little more difficult than I describe. I'll have to do an example or two to make it easier for those who don't understand as there's some sandboxing you need to do as well (Some stuff writes to weird locations and you need to change the code / point at a different location when executing.

Hi all :)

@Wally : I just compiled a simple SDL1.2 game on the Pyra, waiting for your instructions to package it properly as a DBP ;)

What do you mean by "sandboxing" in this context ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

I think he means it in the context of trying out the code in an isolated test environment before sending it to a repo.
I reckon he might mean ensuring that the DBP data remains pretty much self contained and isn't writing data to unexpected locations on the Pyra? (eg SD card versus internal storage)

Well it’s more keeping
I reckon he might mean ensuring that the DBP data remains pretty much self contained and isn't writing data to unexpected locations on the Pyra? (eg SD card versus internal storage)
Spot on. It's so that everything in the DBP is within the dragonbox/appdata folder. Some rule we should probably follow to make it truly sandboxed.

Back