Vista Wiped My Dvdrw Drivers!

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Hey.

About a month ago, I upgraded to microsoft vista on my acer laptop as a clean install, meaning it wiped my drivers.
When it restarted after the install, it reinstalled all my old drivers, but there was a lil problem. It reinstalled my DVD+-RW as a CD-ROM Drive, which is horrifically annoying, as I now cannot burn shit anymore. I have no idea what the writer is...

What are my options, doctors?

Just ignore vista and install some decent (and vista compatible) cd/dvd burning software, and everything will work as normal.

nickspoon said:
It would be a good idea to tell us the make and model of the DVD-RW drive.

Nova said:
I have no idea what the writer is...

And squidge, I installed Nero 5 just now, but that doesn't recognise the drive either...

Last edited by a moderator:
As Ravnos said, try Device Manager, and if that doesn't work, I expect there's a program out there that could read what the drive is (ask Warmfluffy).

It'd be difficult to get it working unless we know the make and model.

Vimacs said:
WHY would you want to use that horrible excuse for a operating system anyway?
Cos your momma likes it.

nickspoon said:
As Ravnos said, try Device Manager, and if that doesn't work, I expect there's a program out there that could read what the drive is (ask Warmfluffy).

It'd be difficult to get it working unless we know the make and model.
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N ATA Device

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
well do you know what the full name of your laptop is acer........ becuase you could maybe find out that way.

Apparently, this should fix it:

1. Install it and let the installation fail.
2. Go to RegEdit.
3. Locate the following key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
4. Highlight the key and click File -> Export and save the key in case you need to re-apply it.
5. Delete 'UpperFilters' and 'LowerFilters' within that location.
6. Exit RegEdit and restart your computer.

Try it, and if it doesn't work, put it back.

Thanks nick, that worked a treat :)

Back