Virtual reality peripheral supports?

xiongxioi

After read through a few people's thought and experience of the oculus rift HD during their visit at the gamescom, it seems that the technology is almost there!

Wouldn't it be a shame if all of our future applications are displayed in goggles and P2 would not take them?

Oculus rift has DVI ports but comes with hdmi to dvi adapters.

I have little doubt in mind that these VR head-mounted displays will be supporting android and linux just by looking at how big of a market there is. Of cause they will come with batteries to keep your portable devices portable.

If that day comes, then what can we do in advance to take advantage of that and stay competitive? :)

I know it's still early, but come on. If P2 has a nice gpu then we can run some cheesy android playthings on it and laugh. May be we can play virtual boy, or emulate the 3ds with its non-functional 3d gimmick at its finest. (It will be even be a better experience, I would say. Because 3ds does not make you feel like you are in the game. More like forcing you to stare at a tiny pixelated blurry screen and to stay focused before your neck gives up)

Related video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GU7AZMHcEI8?feature=oembed

It would almost make sense to just add 3D support system wide. No need to use a 3D display on the device its self (like the 3Ds) but have the ability to run everything in 3D for external displays. That would be cool

Oculus Rift should work, as far as I know, it's pretty open regarding drivers and development :)

I think that it won't work out of the box without adding GL code for stereoscopic 3D (the very code I remove when porting to GLES because the needed functions are not supported in current Pandora drivers)

Also, I suspect that some (many?) ergonomic adaptation will be needed (when you wear the helmet, you cannot see your hand, so you cannot really use the keyboard so consoles-like control are needed)

But yes, I tried it at the Gamescom and it would be amazing on the successor !

Last edited by a moderator:
this is crying out for some kind of voice control, imagine how magnificent of a prick you would look like wearing that while shout commands to siri.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the future of gaming: It requires that you not only have big pocket but also a big house with big room to run around like a crazy cat.

I can see the future of gaming: It requires that you not only have big pocket but also a big house with big room to run around like a crazy cat.
No need to worry about that, my friend, have a look at what these world-class intellects have created.

[media]

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zOYklm_C7Ks?feature=oembed[/media]

This is just what I wanted, how about having a 6 hour gaming session on this thing while having a headache from your all constantly shaking goggles.

As ED said it can work provided there are drivers, but I personally think unless the next OP is EXTREMELY fast, it won't be worthwhile.

As ED said it can work provided there are drivers, but I personally think unless the next OP is EXTREMELY fast, it won't be worthwhile.
Or more importantly, wouldn't carrying something like the OR around kill portability?

-God Ginrai

Well, but still, you could use it on your sofa without the need for a PC.

Or watch 3D movies in bed :)

Or put it into the keyboard-holder of the Omni without a need for a PC.

Well, but still, you could use it on your sofa without the need for a PC.

Or watch 3D movies in bed :)

Or put it into the keyboard-holder of the Omni without a need for a PC.
I think I'll wait until these devices are closer to the size of the HMDs from .hack before I purchase one.

-God Ginrai

Back