Video Recording

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
Hiya ppl, been a while.

Quick question, are there already confirmed working video in usb adapters?

Im doing a lot of quadcopter flying these days, and i'd like to record the signal im seeing on the video goggles im expecting.

I dont have to view live video, it would just need to properly record the (PAL) video signal.

A laptop would do, but thats bulky ofcourse. With the pandora my whole setup could fit in a small backpack.

Kind regards,

Mark "MarkoeZ" U

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but isn't this the same as recording video from a webcam? Because you can definitely do that (well you certainly could - I tried it *ages* ago with guvcview, but mplayer and vlc also do it). It may be that your video goggles need to be UVC-compatible though.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but isn't this the same as recording video from a webcam? Because you can definitely do that (well you certainly could - I tried it *ages* ago with guvcview, but mplayer and vlc also do it). It may be that your video goggles need to be UVC-compatible though.

Is there any guide on how to record with a webcam ? with VLC or SMplayer ?

Outside of a google search? I'd say not.

Recording aspect should be the same, I'm not sure about the webcam.

Yeah the recording software is not a problem, but im going to need an usb video in adapter. The pandora does not have video in.

So i was wondering if anyone has tested that already, before i buy one that does not work with it

Last edited by a moderator:
i did that a while ago, but it didn't work reliable - though i have to say i didn't try very hard

used this hardware: http://www.conrad.de...earchDetail=005 <- sorry for german site, will search for english product page

there is out-of-box driver support on the pandora via easycap, and i was able to record with vlc, while cheese didn't recognize it properly.

from time to time it worked, but it also produced a lot of "testscreens" - i believe it was a hw problem, but i'm not sure...

i stopped investigating after a few tries... (interestingly my desktop pc with fedora didn't support it...)

edit: btw., i didn't test audio recording!

http://www.logilink.eu/showproduct/VG0001.htm?seticlanguage=en

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to have some Quadcopter.

It's like a video game with great 3D graphics.

Where are the enemies in your level?

Which weapons do you use?

:D

Back