Release Video Killed The Blog Star

I'm not subscribing normally - and if I do I only subscribe to bigger projects and firms and no private users (because content might be changing from video to video).
And this is the reason why I won't subscribe to this neither. The Wiz / Dingoo review was nice, but it was not of great interest to me.
I don't like the idea of having to subscribe to "craigix". If it was "openpandoraltd" or "pandorahandheld" I wouldn't bother subscribing, but this way, its not going to happen.

i'm already subbed as what can a few more related gadget videos hurt... i will just ignore the wiz and gp32 videos how many members does he need before the restriction is lifted?
just wish the videos were online now >_<

I think we will need a few thousand before we are allowed to post longer videos. It all seems a little weird as some people can post longer ones on older accounts, but this seems a historical oddity of youtube.

I just wish we had spent time on setting up youtube to our advantage long ago, but at least we are catching up now.

I'm sorry the account is under 'Craigix' I shall see if that can be changed.

I agree, a bit of a strange opinion JayFoxRox...

I would think that the name of the account shouldn't matter as much as the content. Almost all of craig's videos are about the Pandora, the possible exceptions being the Wizzley Presto video (which Craig said is going to come to Pandora eventually) and the Wiz/A320 review.

Funnily enough, I subscribe to hardly any "official" company channels on Youtube, nearly exclusively to private users.

Why not posting these videos on newsgroups or some p2p ? Would be better than waiting weeks... All my usual pseudos are already taken on youtube, I would prefer not to create yet again a new one just for that....

I'm already subscribed to a few Pandora dev channels: craigix, EvilDragon, zodttd maybe.
That thing about the video length is supposed to prevent people posting TV shows, which they of course merely split into 10-minute segments and post anyway.

For the 3rd or 4th time, I'd like to recommend blip.tv. They host video for free, let you watch it in the original source format [even Ogg Theora!] and allow downloading. Also, since they allow all kinds of video formats, you can watch a video as soon as it uploads, rather than waiting for the Flash conversion.
Not good for popularity yet, but it's much more practical than YouTube for actual video sharing... Something YouTube seems to have failed at.

LastPucho posted on May 28 2009 at 07:37 AM) Uhm... maybe a post in the unnoficial english blog will help get more subscribers... seems our german pals are doing so... We did that. ; said:
About 150 people clicked through from the blog. I'm guessing about 100 of them subscribed. But when Craig posted it on the official blog, his subscriptions jumped from 400 to 800. Which goes to show how much more traffic the official site gets.
A bit of trivia to put this in context: According to our blog stats, we've sent about 4,000 clicks through to the official site in the last 30 days. The number of referrals from the official site back to us: 16,000.

Anyway, back to Youtube. I won't put up another post just for subscriptions, but I think we'll throw a reminder link in whenever we post a new official video.

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE (Craig's YouTube Channel Comment)
craigix (48 minutes ago)
I'm working on a new video with a black Pandora.

*drool*

WoD posted on May 28 2009 at 12:53 PM said:
Come on people! Subscribe! We can finally get that 10-12 hour long video demonstrating the battery life!
Or the one with 100+ hours of music playing.

So this means that there's a final production Pandora in existence? Not a prototype but the real thing? That it's only a matter of days or weeks before they start shipping? That all the cries of "two months!" will be silenced?

Klepto posted on May 30 2009 at 10:05 PM said:
So this means that there's a final production Pandora in existence? Not a prototype but the real thing? That it's only a matter of days or weeks before they start shipping? That all the cries of "two months!" will be silenced?
Craig posted this message friday…
Stop teasing ! :lol:

Back