Release vgmplayer

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a small, quick port of the latest version of vgmplayer, which can play TONS of Arcade and classic game tunes!

The GUI supports preview pictures for the games as well.

vgmplayer.png

You can grab it from the Repo.

And most important: Grab the Videogametracks from here: http://vgmrips.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=496

Simply unzip the full pack somewhere you want and enjoy the music.

If you don't want the full pack but download single packs, grab them here: http://vgmrips.net/forum/index.php

No need to unzip the single packages.

Enjoy :)

Dos it also plays the sounds of .gb data?`?? , so i could play the Soundtrack from Super Mario Land`??

I think i will give it a try, l enjoed listen to the Giana Sisters Sountrack via sid files on Pandora :)

No, we have players for those already :)

It only plays the new vgm-Files, which is what we were still missing :)

Yep, the archive has over 1 GB of VGMs, mostly arcade, but also PC games, some Gameboy and other console games. And they all work.

When I come back to the launcher, the last used file is not selected. Not a big problem, but it would be convenient ;^) .

Oh, and what is the default sample rate ?

Thank you for this :)

Glad I´ve read it in the forum; yesterday when installing it from the REPO (and being attention-span-slow....) i thought it would grab the music from game files itself. I overlooked the vgm link, who have already done that work :)

When I come back to the launcher, the last used file is not selected. Not a big problem, but it would be convenient ;^) .
Yes, sadly, Picklelauncher doesn't support that yet.

If someone can provide me a patch, I'll include that :)

Oh, and what is the default sample rate ?
44100kHz
I'll try to isolate the code I have done for mupen64 launcher (or if someone has a better / faster proposal, don't hesitate).

The OP can do 48000kHz, should be better ^^ (here comes the audio sample rate debate).

Reactions: rSl
I'll try to isolate the code I have done for mupen64 launcher (or if someone has a better / faster proposal, don't hesitate).
Would be great!

I already had to recompile Picklelauncher myself (as I needed to change the preview-pictures code so it can use the pictures in the same dir as the files), so if you send me that code change, I'll recompile it again and that should do it :)

If theres something worth including in mainline Im open to changes.

I thought I had the remembering last used option...
Well, if it's an option you need to enable, then maybe it's included.

My change for the previews is a really hacky one: Instead of looking in the previews directory, it looks in the current profile directory.

If that should be included in Mainline, it should be done as fallback:

If no picture is being found in the preview folder, try looking in the current profile folder.

That should be a three or four line change (but I'm not good enough to do that quickly myself, therefore I hacked it up ;) )

Back