Vectrex emulator.. Second release.

RobertG

Vecx GP 1.

Controls should work now, I can't test it really as it's so slow in the emulator.

I went through the CPU core earlier today at work and have found ALOT of stuff that is quite silly and slowing down the emulator. I reckon I can speed it up quite significantly.

I've added a sort of frameskip, please let me know if this improves speed at all.

Can someone who downloaded it upload it to another host? because im getting a Data limit thingie on the brinkster link... :(

Download just worked for me. Game plays great and looks fine, although it would be cool if the gp32 were designed like the wonderswan and could be played sideways. That would be perfect for some of the arcade games and of course vectrex. I agree it feels about 70% speed, but it's still a lot of fun.

Considering that you don't even have a gp32 to test it on yet this is a very nice start to what I am sure will be an awesome emulator. Its really cool seeing some vector graphics games on the gp32 and so far it looks pretty good. The game really is pretty playable, I was pretty supprized at the speed to be honest although it is like stated before around 60-70% or so it seems. Its cool that you mentioned that you think you can get the speed up with out to much trouble, a speed boost is the only thing that it really needs. The controls seem to work fine so I would say a bit more speed and then possibly sound and this thing would kick the balls right out of the sack.

I'll be having a go at writing a rom loader tonight, so hopefully there'll be a new release in the next day or so.

Its cool that you mentioned that you think you can get the speed up with out to much trouble, a speed boost is the only thing that it really needs.

I don't want to get too involved with optimising everything until my GP32 arrives (wish I'd ordered a normal one now ;) it seems like forever until "early may" ;).. but nooo I had to have a FLU one..), as it's very hard for me to notice any speed improvements when I'm using GeePee32. Next version may be a little faster though.. I'm tempted to rewrite the CPU core but I'm not sure if it's really worth it as no other systems that interest me use the 6809.

Once it's faster than full speed I'll add sound :)

paddo posted on Apr 28 2003 said:
Can someone who downloaded it upload it to another host? because im getting a Data limit thingie on the brinkster link... :(
Upoaded to Gp32 Xtreme. Check download section or new files on main page (right upper corner above download categories) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back