VBA32 Issues

vishwats

Still Fresh
Hi,
I am trying to run few of my games that I have developed for GBA using VBA32. Some times the games run without a problem. But most of the time GP32 crashes (core dump) the moment I select a rom to load. My GP32 has the Euro Firmware (from GBAX) preinstalled.

Did some one else have the same problem ? were you able to solve it ?

please let me know

Thanks in advance
-vishwa

It's probably the euro fw that isn't working, it's very buggy... What I'd do is flash to a decent fw like MultiFW (which has pacrom in it that nativly runs .fxe's, too but w/o all these bugs) But it could also just be the emu, since it wasn't really made for GBA games...

I have that multi firmware pre-installed. I use pacrom to run VBA32. Like I said, once a while it works ok, but most of the times it just crashes, is there any other GBA emus out there ? ShiteGba goes not work.

faq.gp32emu.com <- click on Firmware Flashing Guide. everything you need to flash to MultiFw

I did not know they were different,
because I still see the four firmware options to chose, just like the Multi Firmware.
I can choose, PACROM /fW1.53/WIND-UPS/PC Link1.x , so isn't it Multi-Firmware ?

Also on top, I see a line something like "Multi Firmware from Mr Spiv"

-vishwa

vishwats posted on Dec 8 2003 at 09:31 PM said:
I can choose, PACROM /fW1.53/WIND-UPS/PC Link1.x , so isn't it Multi-Firmware ?
That is MultiFirmware all right.

VBA32 does NOT run GBA games well if at all and core dumps like you are seeing is typical of what to expect when the games don't run (i.e. most of the time).

VBA32 was ported to run GB and GBC roms and not GBA. Consider the GBA support in VBA32 to be more of a proof of concept :D. Most GBA direct-hardware calls are not emulated correctly so I doubt your own code is going to work but you could try and port it and thrill us all with some demos ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure the game is 4MB or smaller, else it won't run due to memory limitations.

QUOTE FROM CRAIG:
If the tool was public domain it would mean any gamepark commercial game could be pirated, that is the reason it isn't available.

Plus i've ended the registration problem for all my customers by just flashing all the GP32s to MFW before they are sent out.

Its just liksangs customers with the problem.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I guess you all are right.
I appreaciate all the help. I was only hoping to use GP32 to test my GBA applications on a console(which is totally reverse). I need to grab a Flash cart when I get a chance

Shaking Spirit posted on Dec 8 2003 at 09:29 PM said:
QUOTE FROM CRAIG:
If the tool was public domain it would mean any gamepark commercial game could be pirated, that is the reason it isn't available.

Plus i've ended the registration problem for all my customers by just flashing all the GP32s to MFW before they are sent out.

Its just liksangs customers with the problem.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
lol, yeah so its multi fw then :). gp should ship them out with multi fw installed. its so much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back