Utter Newbie

montag

Still Fresh
Literally owned a gp32 for a couple of hours.

Bought it second hand.

How do you make the bugger work?

Starts up ok, has the 3 icon thingy.

Downloaded the gp drivers from gp32.com. Had the unified drivers GP32 manager from gp32.com.

Installation goes ok. plug in the usb cable switch on and windows xp finds the device and installs perfectly.

Says please connect the gp32 and enter pc-link mode. Click ok

I have a 128mb card which the 4 pane device manager shows as 128mb.

However the gp32 just says now waiting.

if I click on any of the icons smc game etc it just comes up with communication error.

I understand that there should be files already set up, for example game file, emulator file etc but cannot see them.

Have managed to copy a file to the smc but stuck here.

Any help or suggestions

Ok formatted the card and can now move stuff about.

is there a simple guide anywhere as to where you save the files to play games.

I am interested in running a sms emulator. found on and have the .fxe file. Where do I save this?

many thanks for any help

I do this and it just says that no smc is inserted or no game found, press b to cancel.

try to authenticate to get Freelauncher but cannot run the wizard program. I think it is a Sp2 problem.

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt comes up.

Any ideas?

yeah fixed autoexec.nt, now the authetication program is working but in korean I think. can add username and password. Three buttons to press.

I think the first button is the register button, 2nd webpage and third quit.

When I press the 1st button 2 pop-ups appear with yes button only. I click yes and a little bar moves across at the bottom of the page.

Is there a step by step guide anywhere with translations? tried http://emuholic.emuboards.com/modules.php?...showpage&pid=15 but not much help

Is the registration instant or takes a long time?

When do you have to plug in the gp32 etc?

Starting to annoy me now, it seems every step is a battle!!!

Thanks for the help tho'

montag posted on Mar 20 2005 at 02:56 PM said:
yeah fixed autoexec.nt, now the authetication program is working but in korean I think. can add username and password. Three buttons to press.

I think the first button is the register button, 2nd webpage and third quit.

When I press the 1st button 2 pop-ups appear with yes button only. I click yes and a little bar moves across at the bottom of the page.

Is there a step by step guide anywhere with translations? tried http://emuholic.emuboards.com/modules.php?...showpage&pid=15 but not much help

Is the registration instant or takes a long time?

When do you have to plug in the gp32 etc?

Starting to annoy me now, it seems every step is a battle!!!

Thanks for the help tho'

just go to the website

www.gp32.com

sign in with your user name and password

and try downloading the freelauncher...

if you didi it right it should now download

if not post back and well try and help...

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no joy.

When I try to download freelauncher it just says "the authentication of GP32 of costome is not registered. Please register now"

I would have thought the registration wizard is the problem. I have no idea if it has done it or not.

Not sure which gp32 it is. No backlight and the box in korean so I assume it is not a euro one.

I can copy stuff too and from the card easily tho.

montag posted on Mar 20 2005 at 03:31 PM said:
Still no joy.

When I try to download freelauncher it just says "the authentication of GP32 of costome is not registered. Please register now"

I would have thought the registration wizard is the problem. I have no idea if it has done it or not.

Not sure which gp32 it is. No backlight and the box in korean so I assume it is not a euro one.

I can copy stuff too and from the card easily tho.

right! have you registered at gp32.com? i.e signed up and are able to log in and use the stuff on the site?

if not do that - or if you have done it already - do it agian with another user name and password...

once that is done - log in to the gp32 site - go to support and authentication centre - start up the registration wizard that you have downloaded...
use the new user name and password to register your GP...

once registered - go back to support and freenlauncher and download...

if you cant do that seach this site for the cracked freelauncher - which is a freelauncher which you can encode yourself... davey g knows how!

hope this helps - its a long time since I had to do it!

sPaCe :ph34r:

Ok state of play.

Bought a 2nd hand GP32. Box is in koren, english instructions. unit is white with no backlight.

turn it on, have loading screen, moves to three iconc, MP3, Game and Link.

register with GP32

Download GP32 manager with Pc Link and USB built in.

Install software.

Link to gp32.

Format card and get a file system. Click on smc buttonon manager program and have games, gpmm, gpsys and other files.

Transfer fxe to gpmm folder. transfer roms to folder in gpmm. For example NesterGPD has a fxe file. This sits in gpmm. NES folder sits in gpmm.

Try to play a game by using the game icon and it says that there is no smc or game.

tried to authenticate using Authentication ID wizard program. this loads and is in Korean. try to register by turning on gp32 and plugging in usb. Enter name and password and click the 1st button on the left.

try to download free launcher but it says not authenticated.

This is as far as I have got. What could I have possbly done wrong?

spaceboygp32x posted on Mar 20 2005 at 03:53 PM said:
if you cant do that seach this site for the cracked freelauncher - which is a freelauncher which you can encode yourself... davey g knows how!

hope this helps - its a long time since I had to do it!

Have tried what you suggested. try games and I get a Freelauncher Icon. No idea how to encode it myself at all.

Nothing happens at all if i press any button.

How does this thing work?

Yup... the original firmware is a bitch. It's been a long time since I used freelauncher on mine (also a non-lit original Korean one but I've long since flashed the firmware) but what spaceboy says seems right.

You register with Gamepark on the official site then download and register freelauncher. When I did mine I used the old version of GP Manager (because that's all there was) so maybe that makes a difference? Maybe worth trying to get hold of the old version and trying it...

Once you have a registered version of freelauncher installed, you put fxe files in the gpmm folder. Run freelauncher and a window pops up with some Korean characters and then (hopefully) a list of the fxe files in gpmm. Select the file et voila!

You then put fresh batteries in the GP32 and flash the firmware so you don't ever have to worry about freelauncher again :)

J(ohn)

Don't give up, I was there a month ago, now reckon it's one of my better purchases................

(Sorry I can't give help, but am thick!)

johncross85 posted on Mar 20 2005 at 05:23 PM said:
Yup... the original firmware is a bitch. It's been a long time since I used freelauncher on mine (also a non-lit original Korean one but I've long since flashed the firmware) but what spaceboy says seems right.

You register with Gamepark on the official site then download and register freelauncher. When I did mine I used the old version of GP Manager (because that's all there was) so maybe that makes a difference? Maybe worth trying to get hold of the old version and trying it...

Once you have a registered version of freelauncher installed, you put fxe files in the gpmm folder. Run freelauncher and a window pops up with some Korean characters and then (hopefully) a list of the fxe files in gpmm. Select the file et voila!

You then put fresh batteries in the GP32 and flash the firmware so you don't ever have to worry about freelauncher again :)

J(ohn)

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

How do you flash the firmware?
Where might I find the old version of GP manager?
Is the gpmm folder the one on the smc?
Do you know which is the easiest emulator to get working and what sort of roms would I need? I have lots of fresh sms roms, do they have to be in any format?

Thanks for your help.

Once I get this running I am going to write a complete idots guide for my collection site:

www.lilliputweb.com

montag posted on Mar 20 2005 at 05:39 PM said:
johncross85 posted on Mar 20 2005 at 05:23 PM said:

J(ohn)

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

How do you flash the firmware?
Where might I find the old version of GP manager?
Is the gpmm folder the one on the smc?
Do you know which is the easiest emulator to get working and what sort of roms would I need? I have lots of fresh sms roms, do they have to be in any format?

Thanks for your help.

Once I get this running I am going to write a complete idots guide for my collection site:

www.lilliputweb.com

Unfortunately, to flash the firmware you need to run a little flashing fxe... which means you need freelauncher working first :(

I'm sure I read instructions on how to get the cracked freelauncher working recently but I can't find it again. However, I've just pulled this from another thread which you might find useful:

Blah posted on Mar 6 2005 at 12:54 AM said:
This quote will help you. :)

davey g posted on Oct 26 2004 at 02:12 PM said:
I'm not sure if this is against the rules or whatever but seeing as the freelauncher is free I couldn't really care less.

I have a cracked version of freelauncher from the last time the bot in #gp32 died so I have uploaded it to my webspace here.

And, to find your PDUID, get GPS2 at Dark Fader's website.

EDIT: Nevermind about GPS2, you dont need it. If encrypting by PDUID doesn't work, try with SMCID.

Having just scanned though a few posts about problems getting freelauncher to work it seems likely that the Gamepark site is just knackered so I doubt the old GPManager will help. That said, If you PM me with your email address I'll see if I still have the install file and send it to you anyway.

As for your other questions...

Yes, I did mean the GPMM folder on the SMC - this is where you've got to put any fxe that you want to run.

For SMS emulation you are probably best off with Ryleh's fSMS32 which you can get from his website. The fxe goes in GPMM and the roms go in a folder you need to created in GPMM called 'SMS' (if memory serves). Other emus work in a similar way - eg put DRMD.fxe into GPMM and create a folder called 'GENESIS' for the roms.

Hope that helps a bit.

J(ohn)

ive just checked the GP32 site with my non lit korean firmware!

registered it to a new name and downloaded the freelauncher fine! - make sure you have gpmanager installed and the register program...

the cracked freelauncher has to be encoded.

to do this extract the .rar file in the zip and run the little program - you plug you Gp into the PC and use the prog to encode the freelauncher that is in the same folder as the program...

best bet if you cant get it to work is to ask Davey G how to use the cracked freelauncher prog...

also check out darkfaders utilities website - get GPS2 to find out your PDUID and encode the freelauncher that way...

or you could ask the guy that sold it to send you the freeluncher!

where abouts do you live - there may be a board member close by that can help??

if you get stuck you can post me the unit (and include the return postage) and ill sort it for ya!

I'm in plymouth in the uk!

Davey G has already sent me some ideas, will try them out later so hopefully will get somewhere

montag posted on Mar 20 2005 at 08:00 PM said:
I'm in plymouth in the uk!

Davey G has already sent me some ideas, will try them out later so hopefully will get somewhere

good luck m8 - im in sheffield so i cant get round to you!

but if you get desparate you know where we are!

Back