Using Mods On Gpquake

ste_167

Website
Visit site
I've searched but can't find any info on this anywhere. (Flame Disclaimer over...)

Right, where do the mod PAKs go? I've tried overwriting the original Quake ones in the ID1 folder, but with no success.

I've also tried putting the PAKs in in a new folder. For example, one called Rally for that driving mod. No luck!

I understand that there is a size restriction but the ones I've tried haven't been over it.

Yes. I feel stupid.

Well, I think it is in the read-me
I just want to know how to test my indiviguals map
where to put it on the GP32 and what to type in console with the Chatboard to run it
also, does the GP32 version of quake support the DEbug mode that shows number of polygons and all that ??

~Octavious

I've also tried putting the PAKs in in a new folder. For example, one called Rally for that driving mod. No luck!
Thats right. Make sure the new folder is in gpmm/quake (not in the id1 folder), then cycle through the available mods in the launcher with A. If it still doesn't work then try a different mod (not all will work due to the limited memory).

I just want to know how to test my indiviguals map
where to put it on the GP32 and what to type in console with the Chatboard to run it
When I tried some mods before I couldn't seem to load the maps by using the console command (+map), but you should be able to load a map by creating a text file called autoexec.cfg that contains 'map mapname' (no + this time).

also, does the GP32 version of quake support the DEbug mode that shows number of polygons and all that ??
No idea. How do you activate the debug mode on other versions of quake? If it's a console command then it may work, but if it's an extension to the original quake then it probably won't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a list somewhere here of mods that are known to work on the GP32? If not, such list could be useful so people won't download pointless things if they won't work.

FYI raptors works well, and is really cool, its at the link above.

Does quake v.5 support the extra memory addon, by any chance? I was thinking of doing the memory upgrade to my gp for this.

Thanks
mth411

yeah ive managed to work openqurtz on it, its low poly, and i reduced the textures sizes, was pretty quick. except some of the enemies are weird looking and some of the lights dont work on the levels u make.

Can anyone give me some tips as well? I have a registered version of GL Quake, which doesn't actually have any .pak files in it, rather, they are all unpacked in the id1 directory. I used some 3rd party freeware to pack all files in id1 into a .pak file, and named it pak1.pak, put it into gpmm/quake/id1, and after that when I try to load the game it goes thru the opening menus but reboots the GP at the point where gameplay would start.

I should mention that creating the pak this way creates a very large file as well, like 30 or 50mb (not sure as I'm on the computer at work right now). So... I'm stumped. Is it wrong to ask for a pak file that someone knows works if I already own the game and just can't get it working? Or can anyone tell me how I can get the files I have to work?

Back