Usb On The Gp2x

oneandoneis2

Website
www.oneandoneis2.org
I can't seem to find an answer on any of the "about the GP2X" web pages I've found, so maybe somebody here can tell me:

When it says the GP2X has USB connectivity: Is this like my digital camera has USB, and all it does is give access to the flash disk; or is it genuine, full-blown USB that will allow you to plug in peripherals like a USB keyboard?

read the faq...
out of the box it only supports client usb, that means its just like your mp3 player or digital camera.
But maybe we can say linux that it should switch its usb to host mode so we can connect devices to it, if thats possible we need to power the usb device with 5v, since the gp2x wont have a powererd USB host.

how long do you think it will take people to get it working as a usb host device? my guess in not too long, i plan on preordering very soon from gp32z

Host mode ‘on paper’ should not be that hard. I am going to look into it to use the GP2X as a dumping ground for shots off my DSLR camera as the pokey screen on the back of it is useless for reviewing photos :D.

The plus point is that most (a lot anyway) of digital camera provide the USB power via the battery’s in the camera so a non-powered host is a non issue for that :D. No hack-job steppers required ;).

Being able to transfer photos directly from my digicam to my GP32 was something I always wanted.

What I want to know though, is what kind of cable will work for connecting two USB client ports together?

Is there a "USB on-the-go" cable we can use or something?

DJWillis posted on Sep 29 2005 at 01:28 PM said:
Host mode ‘on paper’ should not be that hard. I am going to look into it to use the GP2X as a dumping ground for shots off my DSLR camera as the pokey screen on the back of it is useless for reviewing photos :D.

The plus point is that most (a lot anyway) of digital camera provide the USB power via the battery’s in the camera so a non-powered host is a non issue for that :D. No hack-job steppers required ;).

If you find a way to make this happen I will love you forever lol. Which DSLR do you own by the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ninjia^ posted on Sep 29 2005 at 11:23 PM said:
If you find a way to make this happen I will love you forever lol. Which DSLR do you own by the way?

Olympus E20 and a Cannon Eos 300D (prefer the Olympus).

Being able to pan around high-res shots on the GP2X screen is a nice to have for me ;), esp. If we can do it directly as a mount point without any fecking about :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back