Urgh, check out Gp32news.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertG

Seems someone leaked some GP32 emus, and hosted some hacked/pirated GP32 games. As a result development on the GP32 NGPC emulator has stopped :(

Well I have 6 NGPCs anyway so.. ;) Still sad news though.

Yeah, just read that myself:

Yesterday, in a sad day for the 1st of May, a bastard maked a website. This site give GP32 Warez Game (that is bad) but take the liberty to give the private versions of NEOGP32, GPBA and GENESIS EMU ... No comment for that, this page will be closed soon thanks to all the IRC guys.

After the discover of this page, and thanks to the aggressive answer of the lammer, ThunderZ, our principal french coder and one of the more sympatical person of the GP32 community, decided to stop the dev of his NGPC emulator NEOGP32 ... In fact, for thanks him of his superb work, some lammers give his privates versions and mailbomb him ...

NEOGP32 was a good NGPC emulator, which run in the last version at about 20 FPS, and the compatiility was enormous ... But nobody will can try this very good emu, thanks to the bastard who maked this page ...

Thanks to the commercial games that this lammer give, GamePark and his editors will lost A LOT of money, that few editors will maybe leave the GP32 ...

I let you to think about this, and please encourage ThunderZ the more that you can ...

You can also download a compatibility list of the last version, by me, here.

I just read it, yeah very very sad, but it was gonna happen sadly, it happens everywhere, im just pissed of that someone has actually wanted to dent this community... its one of the best around if you ask me :(

One thing i want to say to ThunderZ tho, DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT ON THE GP32 COMMUNITY. Im sure you feel completely betrayed by this little wanker, but be assured hes a single little loner, and if youve already done so much work on this emu, dont give up cause theres more of us good guys out there.

Its all i can say :(

And if anyone finds out this little tits name, name and shame the bastard

sadly, piracy and leaking is inevitable. Especially within the context of an open-source console.

I can't see the point in stopping work on an emu because something that happens in every other area of entertainment has happened within the GP32 community. It's hardly going to solve anything, is it? It just seems like a tantrum or even worse, punishment to me, rather than something constructive or beneficial.

everyone wants to get thier hands on things like a NGPC or Megadrive emulator, and a guy hosting them for anyone to download could easily rack up Kudos, or hits to a website, considering the demand. So perhaps private releases should passworded or encrypted or something, or just stopped, if you really want the release kept private.

And if anyone finds out this little tits name, name and shame the bastard

yeah, and mailbomb the bastard if someone finds his email.. (or just sign him up w lots of spam)

i don´t understand how anyone could do something like this :(

Personally I don't believe in private releases..

"If it compiles and doesn't segfault"

Once I've got my GP32 and can actually test stuff myself I'll be making much less frequent releases, but if anyone mails me and asks for the latest build then I'd have no problem with sending them it. If they stick it on the web for everyone to download then I'm fine with that. I really don't understand the "someone leaked my stuff so I'm quitting the scene" mentality. But it's ThunderZ perogative I guess.

i'm in two minds about this:

i never saw the page or the emus and games that were leaked/posted so i'm not really bothered

there are double standards regarding piracy on here. after all the roms used in emulation are illegal and therefor any emulator users are supporting piracy. so of course this is worse with current games, but you have to stick to your story though. no piracy or piracy? when you shout "oh my god piracy of Gp32 stuff" then say, "check out my list of compatible games for NEOGP32 (that i made using illegal roms)" something doesn't add up.

what does sadden me is the attitude to the release of the emulator. if they have taken down the site then no hard feelings, surely distribution from has not been that great. so why not just get on with emu development?

unless there are other motives at work here?

You make a very interesting point. The news post was pretty much:-

Some BAD person has leaked emulators and pirated games.
So development of the NGPC emulator has stopped, none of you will get to play it.

Here's a compatability list for the NGPC emulator that none of you will ever use, but I have, that I made using pirated roms.

i want that web address because i want to ask some friends that have some cough experience cough with dealing with websites and little trolls :angry:

i want that web address because i want to ask some friends that have some cough experience cough with dealing with websites and little trolls

Naaah. You just want the leaked Megadrive emulator, admit it ;)

yeh i want an MD emu but not at the risk that it'll piss the developer off and we'll never get it! and i really want to slap him, mainly for the warez he was offering

oh fudge! it'll be all over the net soon! at least one person will of downloaded it :( ok heres the plan, hando fakes his own death and we lure the emu into a web of lies and deceit!

I just don't understand the logic, you work really hard on a program some idiot posts a leaked version on a website, which maybe a few people download, so you decide to quit the whole thing? It seems like a shame to me.

i think we should try and fine the leaked versions and hack the code apart so if it runs on a gp32 it makes it melt! :angry:, how stupid is leaking an emu though, it just ruins the community and removes trust

Here's a better plan : people really should respect the various authors wishes - the main reason stuff is private is to quality check the emu software - there's nothing worse than emu's being released before they are ready - people would complain e.t.c. so the common trend (and quite a sensible one at that) is to have private release. Ok you're gonna get the odd fuckwit who's gonna try and mess things up - much like this character. As a emu author the amount of shit (constantly being hassled for roms/emu and what not - it's enuff to put you off releasing stuff ever again,) you have to put up with is incredible!!! I myself no longer go on the irc dev channels because of this alone. I really understand thunderZ's attitude here - it's up to him - he's worked fucking hard on all the stuff he's done (and it is extremely hard work - no kiddin' esp on a low power machine such as the gp32) - I really don't blame him. I myself am really fucked my MD emu got released, and I'm pondering it's future this very moment....

zard it was your MD emu?! shiiiiiiiiiiiiit please don't give up on it please! I am dying for that emu :( If it dies i swear i'm gonna track that cock down and break his fingers...
Zard was it your GBA emu as well?

The one responsible for this is a spanish guy called IGNORANTE. Not sure about posting his website here since the emulators and games are still on his website.

My only questions is, who let him have all these private releases?

myself am really fucked my MD emu got released, and I'm pondering it's future this very moment....

I don't understand why this would make you want to halt it's development.

I know that it's YOUR PROPERTY and you have every right to be pissed off if someone leaks it (it's theft really..), I would be too. As I've said before if someone asks me for whatever I'm working on then I'd have no problem with giving them it. Aslong as they said please and thank you ;) But if they STOLE it then yeah.. I'd be pissed off.

Up until this happened were you enjoying working on this emulator? Were you excited at the prospect of a portable *insert favourite megadrive game here*? I can see how this would piss you off, I just don't see how it would make you enjoy coding the emulator any less. I don't see how it would make you suddenly not want a portable Gunstar Heroes.

If you weren't enjoying the coding in the first place, and you weren't really excited about playing Megadrive games on the GP32 then fine...

Just tried cross referencing it under GPBA and IGNORANTE and the website left was down so hopefully someone sent a nice big dos attack at him! let the good times roll! I'm hoping to get his e-mail and kill his account with about 10mb of spam a day

My only questions is, who let him have all these private releases?

Testers. If you want to keep private releases private you have to pick your testers very wisely. I don't do private release, I just release my crap whenever I can get it to compile without erroring :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back