Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

Well, I thought it would be posted here by someone else, but maybe I didn't search enough... :blink:

Anyway here it is, if this was already posted somewhere else please spare me.

new_keymat.jpg

This was posted about 6 hours ago

Somehow I still see some letters a bit misaligned (probably it's just me), but it sure is better, I like it!

Source
Source 2 ;)

Non-Final silk-screening? It looks really good to me. What else needs to be done with the keymat? I have to say, I really like the look of it.

Edit: You know what's pretty cool, you can see MW aiming his camera on every button. Some parts you can see his hands better. Still pretty cool.

After careful examination, I notice the following:

J is a bit larger than the rest of the letters
D is still a bit superscript
Less than or Greater than and the corresponding Semicolon and colon - one or the other is slightly off vertically. Looks like by the difference in height of the comma and period.
The Asterisk and Caret looks like they should switch vertical offsets.

In my personal opinion, I like the looks of it. I would consider making the blue ink a smidgen brighter.

The first time I saw this post, I had just woken up and my eyes were still a little blurry. I literally did not see the blue icons, so dark they are.
Hopefully this won't be a problem with the actual Pandora. When I wake up at 3am with a craving to play some old school, I want to be able to see what I'm pushing.

Input invited!

I've decided we need to bring back the roadmap. We're getting more and more readers on the blog who don't know where the project is at, because they're not following the daily updates, and there's not really one spot to get a quick update. I've put up an unofficial roadmap here:

http://openpandora.w...ss.com/roadmap/

I'm trying to keep it simple, but also provide decent explanations and source links. It's not linked on the blog yet (the only link is here in this thread). Later on I'll put a post up to announce it, and add a link to the sidebar. In the meantime, if anyone has any input or suggestions, fire away!

Hey Gruso, First I would like to say thank you for maintaining the blog. I really enjoy having all the important info in one place.
However I have a question about the blog. Do you think software should be added to the road map? They never said that they fixed that wifi driver. You would think they would mention it if they fixed it. After watching some of the videos I am concerned that they omit a lot of basic OS stuff. Like when MidWestern showed that last video he never showed switching between the games. And the fact that Crag has delayed making his video. Maybe I am just paranoid or misinformed but I think that the OS needs some major work.

aaronson911, the wifi problem is software related, and can be easily patched with a new firmware. The roadmap is till they ship the hardware.

PSyMastR is correct, the roadmap is all about hardware delivery, which we know won't be affected by software.

But software progress is still relevant and you've got me thinking about what we could do. I've still got that homebrew feature article in the works, and I'm also interested in putting more static info on the blog so people can get quick info. I'll ponder that some more.

Regarding the OS, we've seen Angstrom+Matchbox running pretty nicely in past videos, so unless they're having new problems, maybe they're just skipping the boring bits for Youtube? Also, DJWillis had the wifi all but sorted back on June 24: http://openpandora.w...lis-talks-wifi/ ...I'd been keen to know how he went from there. He tends to lay low!

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon talks news:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48986-where-are-the-news/page__view__findpost__p__745957

@gruso: Regarding the PSX Video entry, according to MWeston's post the video is of Zodttd's emu, and not pcsx or a "Linux PSX emu." Michael said that Zod was having trouble handling the audio in all of his versions of PSX4xxx, since he has mainly been focusing on the iphone port, and the only iphone that can even handle the audio is the iphone 3gs, which only just came out. Consequently, he has not focused on the audio until now. Michael also said that Zod was trying to figure out how to properly use the audio buffers provided by the kernel in the pandora, as well as the proper timings for everything.

So, in short, it *is* the proper psx emu, and there is plenty of room for it to improve, since right now, almost everything is being done in software.

Pulse seems a little redundant as ALSA already has software mixing and I've only ever really seen Pulse create issues, plus having another layer isn't good when you're trying to maximise the hardware's potential, right?

Thanks for the links guys. I saw a lot of stuff happening as I went to bed last night, it's lovely to have it collated in the morning. :D

Nice big blog post done, and a wee update to the roadmap too.

New from the Twitterix:
Oh, forgot to tell you all, the battery was upped to 4200mah and our tests are showing this monster is going to give something like 14 hours
Sounds exciting!

"oh, forgot" he said. <_< how long have they had those batteries? Craigix, you sly fox you. :p

first n64 now this,

exciting times!

Excellent! About to have lunch, I'll throw a post together.

I'm also fiddling with a live chat page for the blog (a free embedded dealio from Chatroll). Looking forward to seeing it either succeed or die in the arse. :D

Back