Ugh, Another Problem -_-

jaesond

Still Fresh
I need a copy of all of the files for 1.4.0. By that, I mean the movie player and whatnot. For some reason I have 1.4.0's Explorer but 1.0.1's video player.

Can one of you point me to where I might be able to get these?

... the firmware upgrade 1.4? The archive ===> over there has it, under 'firmwares'

Nono, not the firmware update.

I need all of the applications. The video player, music player, photo viewer, eBook viewer, etc.

For some reason some things are updated, some things aren't x.x

EDIT: Like the 101files.zip on the Unbricking guide, except for 1.4.0

Nono, not like the ubricking guide.

You need the (. . .).tar.gz and (. . .).gpu files from the firmware upgrade. Put them both on the sd card and run the .gpu from the utilities menu. That will update the applications. If you have used a NAND locker program to make the NAND read-only, you need to unlock the NAND.

OK, lemme rephrase this again.

I updated to 1.4.0, but my applications or at least some of them are stuck in the 1.2.1 era.

I need to update the applications manually, i.e. get them from a working 1.4.0 GP2X and use a script to update.

Unless you've done something wierd with your GP2X, the firware update will include all of the new applications (photo viewer, video player, ebook reader, music player, etc.). The .gpu copies the new applications, which are compressed in the .tar.gz file, to the GP2X. The kernel.img file updates only the linux kernel when you boot up the GP2X.

What does the info screen report the version number as? Also, what does the green bootup screen have for version number? They should match. If the green screen doesn't say 1.4.0, you should try updating the kernel again, and if the info screen doesn't say 1.4.0, you need to run the .gpu again.

It's weird, I don't know what I did honestly.

Both the firmware loading screen and the info screen say 1.4.0, however for some reason the eBook reader doesn't have the font select, the movie player doesn't let me select between full, normal and safe, any updates to the softwares I don't have x.x

Well, if you download the firmware update, you can manually extract all the programs from the tar.gz file thats contained within it :)

Alright. Pretty much what I decided on doing was just follow the "Unbricking" guide to revert my GP2X to firmware 1.0.1

I updated direct to 1.4.0, tried the patch, and it didn't work, so then I downgraded back to firmware 1.0.1, then to 1.2.1, patched, then 1.4.0, patched. Now everything's working fine. All of the programs are updated (finally). I did have a few skin problems, I did forget to mention those (like no icons and a half-appearing utility menu) and I fixed those too by downloading the standard skin off the Archive.

Back