Ubuntu On Pandora

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOPNurKei0I

Higher quality video:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/misc/pnd/videos/ubuntu_pandora.avi

Ubuntu 7.04 by Handhelds Mojo. A bit slow, but mostly works. Used xfce as desktop environment. Wanted to show Firefox, but it doesn't start for some reason (eats 100% CPU for ~2min and then does nothing). Will try upgrading to 8.04.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivroner said:
Thank you very much Notaz ^_^
when I first saw the topic, I thought "oh, no, not again a newbie not abled to use the search-function" - and now that! Thanks very much!

Sir, you are my new hero. Pandora just became a certified laptop.

Wow, that's amazing! I'd still prefer a lighter gui than a windowed variant, but that's great that you got it working! What speed was the cpu running at?

conso said:
Rivroner said:
when I first saw the topic, I thought "oh, no, not again a newbie not abled to use the search-function" - and now that! Thanks very much!

Exactly what I thought. That is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever, ever seen. Wow, it's real!

That was brilliant, notaz. Many many thanks for posting this up. :)

I'm looking forward to being able to try out these sorts of things for myself. :lol:

really cool!

can anybody tell me why I cant post comments on youtube anymore?
it wants me to verify my email-address....
but if I put in my email+youtube-password he tells me that an email has been sent....
but then....noting really apears in my mailbox (including spam-folder)

Certified notebook? Heck, hook it up to a monitor and it's a Certified Computer. I think everyone knew that a full functioning desktop Linux would run on the Pandora, finally someone has done it. Not very long and I'll be holding one!!!!!!!!

Great work! A mobile desktop environment is defiantly better then XFCE but this is good to see. If nothing else it might stop the ubuntu threads.

Eversmile said:
conso said:
Rivroner said:

Exactly what I thought. That is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever, ever seen. Wow, it's real!

LOL how can you think that? Notaz is pretty much synonymous with quality! lol. (I'm guessing you don't look who started the thread...)

PokeParadox said:
Eversmile said:
conso said:
Rivroner said:

LOL how can you think that? Notaz is pretty much synonymous with quality! lol. (I'm guessing you don't look who started the thread...)

Exactly. Plus i'm new to the forums. I've known about the pandora for a while, and ocassionally lurked around here. I've only just decided to pop out and start making posts haha.

You know those fancy effects Ubuntu and other linux distros have (kinda like a better vista effect), will those work on the pandora? I don't really mind, it'd just impress mac users and people who prefer form over function.

Back