Uae For Pocket Pc

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
UAE the Amiga Emulator has been released for Pocket PC.

Click here for info.

Don't know if the GP32 would be up to the task but the source is available if one of you coding gurus wants a look.

B)

Well Amiga emulation for the GP32 has been discussed here many times with the concensus that it isn't going to happen. Of course they said that about the GBA...

CaSTaway is usually a good substitute for most games you want to play on the GP32 however...

Anyway, I still don't understand why there isn't a decent Amiga emulator for the Mac. All I have is Mac UAE which is rubbish compared to the other versions on other platforms - come on you Mac coders!!!

®

Yeah, but that was Fellow- and it's written in Intel ASM. To get that sort of speed we would need the EMU (or at least core portions) in ARM ASM. But we can hope :)

As a long term serious user of the Amiga I must admit my gut instinct is that Amiga emulation on the GP32 would at best be slow but I didn't expect to see it this soon on the PPC either so you never know. The thought of being able to design graphics on the move and play all the classics that were never released for the ST...

I really much prefer Palm OS to PPC and would therefore much rather use the GP32 or a Palm device such as the Zodiac (ducks flames ;)) than buying into another Microsoft controlled solution but Amiga emulation on any pocket platform is better than nothing.

@ Shirohagen. Was Fellow ever released on the Mac? I had some good results with that. It even ran the odd thing UAE couldn't run. Megalomania for example. I love that game

I can't get it to run on castaway either :(

Is the fellow source available?

And if it is, is it portable, to the ARM?
(i guess not cuz the pentium is not exactly risc)

BaDToaD: Yes, i used to run Fellow in the dark days when I had a PC, but I have never been able to find a Mac version. The OSX version of UAE is being worked on but very slowly by the look of it and it runs poorly on my machine which is well spec'ed.

(sigh)

Good news on the Pocket PC thing though - does this actuall mean anything to the GP32 though? Is the code similar enough to be useful? All the things I have read about Amiga emulation on the GP32 seemed to imply that an emu would have to be specifically written for it from the ground up...

®

I wouldn't get your hopes up about a gp32 port just yet - this thing runs as slow as hell on a h5500 (400mhz xscale processor). It does play sensible world of soccer though :).

depends on what amiga you want to emulate ?

A standard A500 has a 68000 @ 7.14 MHz
mega drive has the same but @ 7.61 MHz

So maybe you could use Cyclone to get a better speed although I think the amiga Graphics chipset would slowdown emulation a bit

Yeah, but that was Fellow- and it's written in Intel ASM. To get that sort of speed we would need the EMU (or at least core portions) in ARM ASM. But we can hope :)

Exo posted on Jul 23 2004 at 04:07 PM said:
depends on what amiga you want to emulate ?

A standard A500 has a 68000 @ 7.14 MHz
mega drive has the same but @ 7.61 MHz

So maybe you could use Cyclone to get a better speed although I think the amiga Graphics chipset would slowdown emulation a bit
+ all the other hardware though. I'd be more impressed if an a500 emulator was released than a gba one to be honest :p. It'd take a lot of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back