Txt/rtf/pdf Converting

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
I've spent ages converting game manuals / faqs and stuff to read in !Reader, they work really well, especially in RTF format. If anyone wants copies just let me know.

But I can't find a decent tool to convert PDF's to text or preferably RTF. The built in Acrobat facility makes em look horrible. Anyone know where I can find a nice (free) converter?

cheers

PDAConverter (http://www.jakewalk.de/palm/pdaconverter_e.html) is designed for preparing documents for PDAs, and does a pretty good job of PDF to txt. It will also do PDF to Aportis doc, which as far as I know is supported by !Reader.

I've heard wonders of a program that does that:

Konvertor (I can't recall the address but it's easy to find) and a plugin or something for it named pdf2xxx

Check them out and lemme know what you think :)

exael posted on Apr 19 2005 at 02:32 AM said:
I've heard wonders of a program that does that:

Konvertor (I can't recall the address but it's easy to find) and a plugin or something for it named pdf2xxx

Check them out and lemme know what you think :)
I tried that program, it didnt work at all :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's that program they've been using with the PSP, makes a virtual printer which can then output your PDFs as JPGs or GIFs or whatever, don't know if that's useful to you, I can't remember the name.

thanks! I've managed to get what I wanted from PDA Converter, although it does a bit of a scrappy job of it, I guess that's the annoyance of pdf's though.

Couldn't find Konverter...

Sounds interesting converting to images but I think it wouldn't be economical on the ol SMC's

cheers!

JPGs would be actually pretty small if their compressed and optimized, with say ACDSee or Photoshop or something...

I've compressed a 1.2 meg BMP into a 140K JPG with perfect quality before.

true but compressed text is minimal filesize, there's still alot of difference if you had, say, a 30 page document

Back