Pyra TWO MONTHS - Now on Steam and itch.io!

I like the camera, good job. (and with that I mean the automatic movement of the camera while walking. It looks quite unobtrusive)

Is there only climbing, or can you go sideways too?

Is there only climbing, or can you go sideways too?

Do you mean something like the vines in OoT? If so, I haven't done that yet, but it won't be hard to do. You won't be able to go sideways on a ladder though.

The way this game is going, it's a strong contender to being the first game I install on my Pyra :) It's looking great! This latter looks even more reminiscent of Dark Souls to me.

The way this game is going, it's a strong contender to being the first game I install on my Pyra :) It's looking great! This latter looks even more reminiscent of Dark Souls to me.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. There'll be some time between Pyra's release and this game's release as I'm quite low down the queue. I preordered last year so there are over a thousand people who will get theirs before me :(

Out of curiousity, is your main player character rigged, or are the animations manually composed?

Out of curiousity, is your main player character rigged, or are the animations manually composed?

They're all manually composed. I wrote my own little tool to make models and animations because I couldn't be bothered to learn how everyone else does it.

I'd love to make something using tech like yours (I have a pretty neat idea that I think would go); but I can't even seem to get my head around making some gravity in 2D space, judging by my current game jam project, so I reckon 3D maths would just melt my brain :)

I reckon 3D maths would just melt my brain :)

I struggled with maths in school because they kinda just throw numbers and functions at you without any context. Most things became clear to me and easier to retain once I had a use for them.

I struggled with maths in school because they kinda just throw numbers and functions at you without any context. Most things became clear to me and easier to retain once I had a use for them.

Everyone say this... but the school never changes...

It's really sad... I used to be really good at maths. When I was in school, I was one of only two people to score a level 8 on some test that we did (which was the highest level anyone got)...

How much of the game do you have planned out? or are you kind of adlibbing? I'd love to see your modelling and animation tools in action.

I think I'm dropping Deep Space Diver - just like practically other my other projects. I don't actually know what I can do with it as a game. I think I need to go back through all my "games" (tech demos) and pick one and try and get it to a playable state

It's really sad... I used to be really good at maths. When I was in school, I was one of only two people to score a level 8 on some test that we did (which was the highest level anyone got)...

How much of the game do you have planned out? or are you kind of adlibbing? I'd love to see your modelling and animation tools in action.

I think I'm dropping Deep Space Diver - just like practically other my other projects. I don't actually know what I can do with it as a game. I think I need to go back through all my "games" (tech demos) and pick one and try and get it to a playable state

I only have a high level plan of what I'm doing. The tools aren't pretty but I might make a video later.

I think there're a few things you could do with Deep Spacer Diver:
Platformer - pitfalls would be planets with extremely high gravity you can't escape
SSB style brawler - knock enemies out of orbit
Spiritual sequel to Hase
Microgame for PyraPanic

Or just do what I do: make snake games until you figure out what you want to make.

The tools aren't pretty but I might make a video
Love to see them if you do, i don't mind rough and ready tools

Microgame for PyraPanic
What's PyraPanic? A mini game collection like Mario party for the Pyra? Am i missing out on a collaborative project? Will have to go searching

I did think about having some sort of puzzle controlling the colours of the planets, but that was as much of the idea as i had. I had a few other ideas but didn't know how to turn them into a"game".

What's PyraPanic? A mini game collection like Mario party for the Pyra? Am i missing out on a collaborative project? Will have to go searching

Nah, I'm hoping someone starts that project so I can make microgames for it. I wasn't around when people did PandoraPanic.

Nah, I'm hoping someone starts that project so I can make microgames for it. I wasn't around when people did PandoraPanic.
Ah. I did start a "Party Games" project based off my framework.

I'd be tempted to make my framework public in case anyone wants to submit mini-game "Stages". It's only 2D, but supports multiple windows/displays, screen layers, tilemaps, sprites, keyboard/mouse/joystick, network, audio, and a GUI system

I wanted to clean my PFx library a bit so you could link it as a library rather than copying the source into all my "game" projects, so I might do that and see if anyone wants to contribute some stages

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic from your game. So I'll tidy that up and then start a separate thread for that

Back