Tv Themes

Memnoch

Website
Visit site
I'm currently trying to remember TV themes to programmes that I enjoyed as a kid so that I can hunt them down in mp3 format and use them as ring tones (I admit I'm sad). I though it might make a vaguely interesting off topic discussion (probably wrong on that count as well).

Themes I have so far:

The A Team
Knightrider
Transformers (the 80's rock version)
Thundercats
Benny Hill
The Smurfs
The Muppet Show
Danger Mouse

Any suggestions would be appreciated. It doesn't matter if you're younger than me (29) suggest away!

I have always like the Dr Who music. They changed it in the eighties to make it synthesised but I think the old theramin version was better (more spooky).

These maybe only UK shows, but Trapdoor was always cool. And Knightmare is always on when I get back from the pub (on Challenge TV). Also Count Duckula, Rainbow, Woof!, The Why Don't You show, Grange Hill with some guy called Ziggy, Bravestar, Willy Fogg, Pole Position and lastly Samurai Pizza Cats.

Come to mention it Esteban and the Cities of Gold, and Dogtanian (I have on DVD from Revelation Films) :)

Just remembered a class one.. The Flumps! They rocked :D

and what about the wombles...

bag puss

and the extremely bizzare sounding and surreal looking ....the clangers.... surely the result of an acid trip in the 70's ;)

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the pilot episode of Rainbow? I saw it once on late night channel 4 - its completely littered with innuendo and has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV.

- Dogtanian and the three muskahounds - nearly bought it on DVD but I resisted :)
- Cities of Gold - did it ever finish
- Henry's Cat
- Rhubarb and Custard
- Rent-a-ghost
- Jigsaw
- Bagpuss
- Flashing Blade - crappy dubbed from Spanish - On Noel Edmond's shopswap??
- Hong Kong Phooey
- Flintstones
- Hugo and victor
- Dangermouse - did buy it on DVD - not as good as I remember :( that's nostalgia for you
- the new shmoo - wrong spelling I know
- Count Duckula

StarFleet (great manga marrionete show)
Captain scarlet
Transformers
Jamie and the magic torch
Uyleses
Rhubarb and custard
Thundercats...

God there were loads!

Back