TV Out Picture in Game

Cas

Hi

Thought I try my new TV out cable this morning as nobody is using the main big TV.

All works really fine, wonderfull picture.

I tried to use PCSX ReARM, loaded in a game and only got sound no picture, I assume something to do with the

emulator as others work OK.

Same in UAE4ALL, sound no picture.

EDIT : I am using S Video if that could make a difference.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try changing to overlay in tvout settings.
Just tried the HW scaler/overlay setting and get no picture at all for anything.

PicoDrive also sound no picture.

No TV out at all with Vice, Mame4ALL.

Snes9xP runs fine as does Mupen64, Fuse, Stella.

Seems to be an emulator issue ?

PCSX works for me, default settings within PCSX, TV-Out set to HW layer.

Not all versions of PicoDrive work with TV-Out, 180 worked (Tv-Out is in the pnd file name) the latest version was updated as version 185 didn't work. Once you grab the latest release, it should also work with HW layer enabled in TV-Out settings.

A few emulators I tried that worked in Main Layer (not HW) were Hatari, Mupen, Fuse, Eduke32 and Vectrex.

Mame4all is known not to work easily, some folks have tried a workaround:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/14317-help-with-tv-out-cable-settings/#entry274851

PanMame works with HW layer enabled though.

Just tried the HW scaler/overlay setting and get no picture at all for anything.
Bear in mind you may not see the menus etc over TV-Out in some emulators, only the game itself when it's launched.

Did you try to start a game when you selected overlay?

It wouldn't show the desktop on the screen, but you should see ingame graphics then.

Thanks all, got it all working now :)
Good stuff.

What did you do to get it working?
Just used the HW scaler/overlay.

Thought I would see everything on screen if you used this, prompted by Mcobit that you do not.

Picodrive I updated to the latest version as well.

Also FYI With the latest firmware you can toggle between main layer/scaler mode with the F12 key on the Pandora..

Oh, really??

Damn, the cable does need a quickstart-guide ... I bet half of the people are stuck with no picture or only black&white with composite at first. I figured all that out by myself, but knowing that you can switch layers with a single button would have helped a lot :rolleyes:

What happens when you use PNDManager while attached to the TV though? Or any other game or software that uses F12 for something else?

What happens when you use PNDManager while attached to the TV though? Or any other game or software that uses F12 for something else?
I'm curious about this too - in PanMame for example, isn't F12 for making a snapshot of the game for the selection menu?

Yeah I thought it was a tad odd to make it F12 without some modifiers, I figured something like a CTRL/ALT combo key would be used.. Also noticed it doesn't work on external keyboards, which would be handy..

Yeah I thought it was a tad odd to make it F12 without some modifiers, I figured something like a CTRL/ALT combo key would be used.. Also noticed it doesn't work on external keyboards, which would be handy..
Feel free to suggest something better, but skeezix's pndevmapperd is pretty limited and allows only one (internal) key.

^That is a bit limiting, however it doesn't seem it being mapped to F12 causes it to stop functioning as a F12 key, it just happen to toggle the TV layers as well.. more of an annoyance if you you are using the TV out cable and something that uses the F12 key..

Only other suggestion would be to move it to one of the currency keys.. like the Yen.. unless shift characters work, then I would suggest the section key (§) as I doubt there is much use for it.

Back