TV out Cables

sparkymark79

To Craig or Ed, what is the latest update with these please and how long before you expect to be able to send out the official cables?

How many topics like this do we need?

They will be there when they get there.

Last I heard, ED said he wasn't happy with the prices. The post was squirrelled away amongst some other thread. I think it's a shame the last official news post neglected an update; considering one of ED's other posts indicated this is what he was spending more time on.

I know no news is no news, but these posts get buried pretty quickly, hence why I think a proper "official news" post on the cables would be a good move.

and to be fair 'They will be there when they get there' is not helpful. I paid for it over 3 years ago, I've also attempted to build one and failed twice through parts I purchased to tide me over until they were ready. I'm more than entitled to ask where they are up to if I want to, and I don't appreciate somebody scorning me for my questioning!

If enough people ask, perhaps Ed will realise that enough of us are getting narked off that we still don't have them. It may not be important to you, but that along with working bluetooth audio are two of the most important aspects for me and I currently have neither.

rant over, yes an official news post would be helpful, as pmprog said.

ED said he wasn't happy with the prices the manufacturers proposed, and still searching for a better option.

How about a kickstarter effort guys ? :)

Provide the specs to a 3rd party, ask for their best price for 500 cables or something, then get the kickstarter rolling.

ED said he wasn't happy with the prices the manufacturers proposed, and still searching for a better option.

People are now willing to pay two to three times the original price for the Pandora itself. I think they'd pay a bit more than originally asked for a TV cable at this stage, just to finally get one?

The day can't be far off when TV sets won't even have the old analogue connections!

Last edited by a moderator:
The day can't be far off when TV sets won't even have the old analogue connections!

Considering that SCART won't be going anywhere anytime soon here in Europe, we have nothing to worry about.

PS. You probably can't find even ONE modern HDTV set without SCART.

I paid for it over 3 years ago
So did I. It's just completely pointless to start a new thread like this every other month. People have been complaining about the lack of information about the cables and progress since the very beginning.

Complaining even more about it will not change a thing.

Of course, it probably helps you to have an outlet to vent your frustration, but I don't expect this complaining to improve the flow of information one bit.

I've been around the project long enough to know better.

So did I. It's just completely pointless to start a new thread like this every other month. People have been complaining about the lack of information about the cables and progress since the very beginning.

Complaining even more about it will not change a thing.

Moderators should do their jobs here and close the repeating threads and provide links to earlier threads about this.

Or maybe get make a new section called "Consumer Complaints" where everyone can say what they want without polluting the other sections. General Talk is not supposed to be about missing TV cables. That's in "Support" Section, rather.

Just wanted to apologise for my outburst yesterday as well. I was venting on the boards most probably because I was having a bad day!! Sorry dreamer. Thanks to the two board members who have offered to make me one as well (obviously not for free, don't want people thinking there are free cables going around!! :) , hopefully It won't be too long before I get a working tv-out cable.

#mustnottakeangeroutonothers

great, 100th post was an apology! :unsure:

I cancelled mine. I reckon that the Pandora 2 will ship before these cables.
I'm planning on cancelling mine this week, too. I'm really sorry, but I don't feel that close to four years is a reasonable wait after an up-front payment...

I cancelled mine. I reckon that the Pandora 2 will ship before these cables.
I'm planning on cancelling mine this week, too. I'm really sorry, but I don't feel that close to four years is a reasonable wait after an up-front payment...
I've just cancelled mine. My refund didn't match my purchase price (was only out by just over a pound), did anybody else have that discrepancy? I've emailed to find out what it's all about

If the cables can no longer be made at the original price would Openpandora team prefer mass cancellation or perhaps an option to give a few more dollars if thats whats required?

Just want to add that the user Infinity (newbie here, one of the most active users on the german forums) is offering to make tv-out cables.

Got mine from him just the other day and I'm very pleased with his work. Actually I drove to his place and watched over his shoulder as he made my cable. I was hoping to get some insight to make one on my own. But as I'm not that experienced with soldering I now think it's too fiddly to make one myself. So I'm glad he is offering his service.

I need a TV Out Cable too, but if someone is making one, I will pay for one no problem. PM me

I already payed (2 years ago..) the official OPT cable and now ordered one from user Infinity....he is now waiting for some pieces to build my cable.

Back