tv-out cable issues

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with the tv-out cable pulling apart at the pandora connector exposing the very tiny and fragile pins? It's been a constant deterent to me using the tv-out due to not wanting to ruin my only cable or even worse short something important out...

Does anyone else have issues with the tv-out cable pulling apart at the pandora connector exposing the very tiny and fragile pins? It's been a constant deterent to me using the tv-out due to not wanting to ruin my only cable or even worse short something important out...
Yeah, I broke one TV-Out connector and two I made myself prior. It's a flaw IMO with the design of the EXT connector. It can't handle being pulled on. currently on my TV setup I tied the cables to a pole next to the TV so it would put no stress on the connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply print with a 3D Printer a better TV Out Cable Holder and these Problems are gone.

I wonder why no one printed such a simple Calbeholder ;)

When anyone produce some.then i will buy 3 to 4 Pieces ;)

Actually I was thinking about 3D printing a solution, just a ton of other things got in a way. 

Arg I just got my cable and it lasted only a couple of days and already pulled apart! I was really careful too. Is there any warranty on these?

If you're extremely careful with it and it pulled apart clean, you can usually get it back together (I've managed to get mine back together twice without messing it up, but I tend to use it sparingly and with usb or bluetooth controllers to avoid unnecessary movement of the pandora itself...). Definitely disappointing build quality just not sure what the best approach to keeping it together permanently is, slightly melting the plastic, carefully micro gluing it together or just leaving it as-is and hoping for the best...

Get ahold of whoever sold it to you and they should be fine with replacing it, but I can't guarantee anything...

Back