Trying Angstrom Without An Omap3 Device?

A virtual machine is probably the best way to try it, that way you can emulate an ARM device. Google "qemu angstrom" and you'll find pretty much everything you need.

Mr Wendal said:
I wanna play around in Angstrom to check it out ... can you run it on a x86 computer? If yes, which version of the installer cd to I download from here:

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/relea...2007.12/images/

?

Thanks guys.

nothing in that link is for x86, they are all other machines supported by Angstrom (it looks like the stable release, so it's not even the one used on pandora). Also, they are not installers but images meant to be flashed to the memory of those devices. Images for x86 may also be tarballs meant to be just untarred in some partition, and require manual installation of a bootloader.

Angstrom on x86 is possible, both standalone and in qemu, but I don't know if there is an image already available or you have to build one with openembedded (I usually just do the former).

Please note that Angstrom is very configurable, so whatever you will get from a generic image or from your own build may still look very different from what you'll get on the pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
valhalla said:
Please note that Angstrom is very configurable, so whatever you will get from a generic image or from your own build may still look very different from what you'll get on the pandora
I guess the question is can we use the Pandora's build rules but set it to target a generic X86 (VMWare/VirtualPC) like environment, to give us a virtual "PandoraPC" system for sandboxing

Last edited by a moderator:
Back