Tron in MAME: Bit of a Control Issue

Blue Protoman

So I wanna play Tron (and Discs of Tron) in MAME4ALL. I can. But, a bit of a control issue; both Tron games use a dial. Fine. I configured the shoulder buttons to control the dial. Good. But now for some reason the D-Pad controls the dial, too, and I can't seem to remove that mapping! Anyone mind shedding some light on this?

You have to click off the line you want to edit, then go back to it, hit enter to blank out previous entries. Configure the buttons you want and use the DPad to move up or down.

Hope that helps.

I would be curious if anyone has usable controls for Tron?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to click off the line you want to edit, then go back to it, hit enter to blank out previous entries. Configure the buttons you want and use the DPad to move up or down.

Hope that helps.

I would be curious if anyone has usable controls for Tron?

If this works I'll upload mine. Thanks, I'll see how it works later!

Just tried on my mame cabinet, controls are bad on that too.... Tron is a pain to play, and not that satisfying.

I'm not sure how the mapping works for sure, but didn't deadly disc use a spinner that also allowed for up and down movement? So when you arm rotated left to right, you could also aim up and down. Could this have something to do with the problem? I don't know!

I have a custom built MAME controller that has the specific type of spinner nob for this game, but I have never tried it out yet so I can't say for sure if that my be the reasons for the bad pad mapping in the Pandora version.

Chris

Tried Link's advice. No luck. Might there be something in the global config causing this issue?

Still can't do it; tried last night. Anybody got a config file from the PC version of MAME?

Back