Triple Triad X First Public Beta Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Sephnroth released a first public Beta of Triple Triad X, the famous FF8 card game combined with some RPG flavor in the form of Miniquests :)

ttriadx.jpg

It's still heavily Work in Progress, so expect lots of bugs :)
And: READ THE README!
There are already some known bugs in there. Feel free to post any other ones you find here :)

No sound yet, but it basically should be working.

Download: Triple Triad X

Paradox posted on Jul 18 2006 at 01:07 AM said:
not like a mod to double post some news

Oh well, I didn't know Sephnroth was going to post it in the news section, too. I thought he'd just post in the General Section ;)

Well, anyways, my post has a screenshot, so it's still useful :)

Last edited:
great, we're heading the good way, more dupes on a news site is a sign of increasing importance, way to go guys! ;)

Finaly someone have begun to create an old ff style rpg :D

Anyway i don't know if it's a bug or my batteries, but the whole screen flickers with a black stripes (and large and slow onece at that).
The lines of random blackness stops whenever i talk to someone, often causing me not to see the conversation.

Im still on FW1.2.1, could that be the problem?

If you want to see what i mean pm me and ill send you a tvout capture.

Man, the game is great, but i found a bug:

when you duel with the old me that is near a lake, you can se his cards.

and i have some suggestions:
couldnt you make the sprites corners (in the houses, for example) a little sharper?
please, add the classic "scroll one page with L/R" in the shops :)

Draken posted on Jul 18 2006 at 09:35 PM said:
Perhaps because of the Open rule?
Correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive engine, but it ought to do more on the GP2x hardware. Needs better artwork of course.

This is nevertheless a cool, well done scrolling 2D engine.

Somewhat unstable for me.
Creating the character, scrolling around at the designs multiple times ( from left to right and back ), it crashed and after that I wasn't able to select a menu item. I'm reinstalling it right now. Oh, and I've looked at the cards in the graphic files, aren't there better versions of them avaible? Vector redrawn versions or something?

Back