Tony-Targets!!

As soon as I get home from work in about 8 hours time :( I'll give this a go

Grrr (US time differences)

;)

MrT

heh, i got to level 10 and my batteries failed! :angry: :( but its good, the targets could do with staying up for an extra second or two though, as well as the arrow coming up a second or two earlier most frustrating when they disappear before you get to them

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for playing to level 10 Shrike!!

I can't beat level 10 myself, ahem :rolleyes:

As you point out, the timing is all important with the targets. Too long a wait and the game is too easy, too short and it is too hard.

The arrows I can sort out easily, the rest of the imperfections will hopefully be easier to sort out when the code is tidied up. I wasn't joking when I said it was very badly written. The slowdown (that you can see from the speed of the background) will be gone for a start!!

Hopefully when it's all running smoothly the timing will be easier to tweak.

I hope so, because I have some very funny graphics for the main game mode that, with these tweaks, should make quite an amusing and challenging
play.

Thanks again. :)

Sorry for the delay, there have been a lot of bits to have a look at tonight.

Tony-Targets is one of those games like Giffels GPAsteroids that once you start playing you can not put it down.

The graphics are okay, I quite like the scrolling background, the targets could stay up longer but that only because I am crap

It may not win any awards but it has that hook factor, just like GPAsteroids. I start out for a quick game and 45 minutes later I am still playing it. It's a good dip in and out of game that is great fun, a little weird, but fun.

Oh and Tony I am not Rubbish, you're cheating ;)

MrT

Thanks MrT :D

Your comments alone have given me the gumption to finish the main game mode and if you like the practice mode, you'll love it!!

BTW, I lived in Denham Road in Sheffield for a bit, just long enough to experience the Pajama Jump... ;)

heh, the game is most adictive, to get to level 10 took me an hour +, I thought it would be easy!

strangely addictive....hypnotic....did you code it to plant suggestions in our midns?! btw clever thing with the way the scroll direction changes when you move tonys head :D

heh, in the main game will you get bosses like Tonys enemies? Like the evil French President! and then collect Bush-em-ups to boost tony's power? ^_^

Wow, "Bush-em-ups" :lol:

Yeah, that has to go in there now... thanks for that Shrike.

Oh yes, and there will be bosses. Right now I have a giant, grinning, Bush senior with a target on his forehead flying around the screen...

As for who his other enemies will be, you'll have to wait and see... ;)

The politics of it is still a little confused but I think I've got the ideal story-line to explain why Tony is targeting people that, in reality, he supports.

Unless, I revert back to the original idea of him targeting people like Robin Cook and Chirac, which will make it more realistic. ;)

heh, who cares about politics when you've got a floating head that shoots lazers out of its eyes?

and woot with the bush-em-ups :D

right just played level 10 for HALF AN HOUR its impossible, my highest score was 97%

The trick is to use the slow movement for the targets at the side and not for the top and bottom... It's not impossible but it's bloody hard.

That should have been level 5 ;)

Shrike posted on Apr 29 2003 said:
heh, who cares about politics when you've got a floating head that shoots lazers out of its eyes?
You know, that is exactly what I think!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you like me to compile a special version that gives you a little extra time for the top and bottom targets?

If I do this, I will have to adjust the Targets to make it harder.

What do you think?

That would be great thanks ^_^ might be able to win! *shakes his fists at tony*

Back