Today Is A Great Day!(Hopefully)

Na-Noo said:
JasonJ said:
It's nice to see someone actually positive, this is probably a labour of love for all involved and I wish I had one pre-ordered.
Any reason why your not?
Or you planning on making your own Pandora pendant, emulation probably wont be as fun :D
It's probably pretty easy not to realise people here are pretty positive. You'll really see the low if there's another delay. That you wont wanna witness :lol:

I still have my old GP2X for portable emulation joy. I will get a Pandora when it is in full production, when the rush has died down, in the meantime I am far too busy indulging myself in my jewellery hobby and the tools cost thousands and my shopping list is immense.

I think the logo is great though, wouldn't mind making a solid sterling cube with the logo etched in in solid gold, would look well contemporary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following this project (silently) from day one and will get a pandora when it is fully finished. (and I know there are thousands of us just waiting in the shadows (that sounded a bit too mysterious))
Anyways, right now it is looking very good.

tsh said:
Klarth said:
I'd wait 6 months to get mine with fully working WiFi since I can't send it back to devs if the fix is not software based.
The only WiFi fix will be software. these boards are past the point of no return for hardware patches.

Don't be so hasty with your reply;
I have an Openmoko Freerunner, and there are several hardware fixes that we could do, and have done after the release!
You could do it yourself, or go to a Hardware Fix Party, or send it to someone...

I must say that wifi also used to be a bitch on the Freerunner, but thanks to the community I think it's pretty good now
I'm also suspecting/hoping that a lot of users will be lending a helping hand with regards to Wifi and kernel once they get their device
Even bugtesting and reporting is a very usefull thing to do (and anyone can do that)
BTW: if this is anything like the freerunner, then you can expect tremendous improvements due to software updates (kernel and other optimisations).

off topic:
/me is still wondering on what I should treat myself: the pandora, or the notion ink adam (which will also be able to run linux)

Just a quick aside: I kinda popped into the "1541 Ultimate" website and found this, which kinda felt very...familiar :)

"The not-so-good news is, that the plastic cases have more delay. The Chinese company sometimes makes some promises that they are breaking afterwards. Yesterday I received a message that the new samples will be shipped on the 10th of March, while they had previously promised to send 100 cases upfront on Feb 25. I pressed them to send at least 100 pieces on, or before that date."

It almost felt like home :D

craigix said:
Mr.Confuzed said:
craigix said:
We're not letting them ship without sending us the photos first.
Psh! Like you could stop them.

They don't know where I live.
craigix said:
There isn't any accepting to do, these are the MP cases.

We just wanted the photos for a sort of insurance that they had built units.

Huh?

cixelsyd said:

Allow me to Craigslate - We don't trust the Chinese manufacturer to tell us the truth anymore. So, we asked them to send us pictures of the cases to prove that they actually produced them. Insuring that they also actually held true to the promise that they had been shipped. We had received an email stating the parts list and shipping date, but as we all know we can't trust a word these guys say.

JasonJ said:
I think the logo is great though, wouldn't mind making a solid sterling cube with the logo etched in in solid gold, would look well contemporary.
If plan to sell some Pandora Cube key chains, that also double as a bottle opener you could be onto a winner on this forum :D

p.s Welcome!

mindlord said:
Allow me to Craigslate - We don't trust the Chinese manufacturer to tell us the truth anymore. So, we asked them to send us pictures of the cases to prove that they actually produced them. Insuring that they also actually held true to the promise that they had been shipped. We had received an email stating the parts list and shipping date, but as we all know we can't trust a word these guys say.
craig really is a forum junkie... a real life case of POIDH (Pictures Or It Didn't Happen) :lol:

EvilDragon said:
The issue delayed it a bit, but they're sure they'll ship on March 26th.
Still in time for assembly.

Now all we need are the boards :)

I'll keep you updated!
It's time to inform us about new delaying

Back