Tobi Drummer - What Do You Want Me To Improve ?

ConsoleTom

Website
Visit site
Hi !

I would like to know from you, what improvements i should make on Tobi-Drummer (V 1.0.x) ?

My Problems and Ideas:

- I work on a pattern/track copy command

- A play-along mode would be possible but i use the standard mixing mode of the SDK that only supports 4 channels - i may think of it when i find a new solution. (Perhaps you like to help me !?)

- I don't have a realtime volume calculation, so the program needs more RAM than it could. (Perhaps someone knows how it works and helps me ?).

- When i find a solution to this volume thing: I think of custom sample support !

- Is the pattern que long enough for you ? Now i support 32 patterns in a queue of 32.

- Since i did not spend too much time on making a proper fileformat, i think of changing it. (The old format would be still supported but i don't know what would happen when you load a new file to an old version).

Greetings

Tobias

PS. If you'd like to support my work, take a look at the readme that comes with drumman.

With the play along mode do you mean like a memorise thing (keeps spitting out different sounds, adding one each time and then you copy) or a DDR thing or you just play along to a track? (MP3/ogg launching would be cool, but a bit of work lol).

you could also perhaps have an editor ala dance ejay (back in the days) and then watch the drummer play it over.

Just a few ideas, gl ;)

Is it possible to export the loops you make in Tobi drummer to drum sequencers on PC? Any format will do, I'd like to use the GP32 for idea creation before I go in depth on a PC.

Rock on. :D

Hi !

- I will try to implement midi-file support (i have a book about the midi-format !)

- A recorder: It's a question of the resolution - how many times in a second should be scanned if the user pressed a key ? If the res. is low, the live-played rhythm will be 'quantized'.

- MP3 playalong !? Great idea.

I see, i have to learn much...

lizard808uk: By the way, do you know the Yamaha QY-Series ? A QY70 or 100 would be exactly the right thing for you (the 100 one has a smc slot). But i try to work on exporting files.

I don't know when i will finish it - but it could take rather long :-(

But i tell you, what the next version will have:
- Pattern + Track copy
- Some bugfixes (did you have problems with the menu ?)
- Smaller FXE - File (about 700 kb !!)

The next thing could be MIDI-File export. It seems possible to me.

Greetings

Tobias

I remember having fun looong ago on my amiga using a looped recorder - it records every keypress and when looping, it plays the already recorded keypresses and the new ones :)

Not useful, but that makes fun as hell :)

Perhaps a "play with Tobi" memory mode - Tobi plays a rhythm, you play it back, rhythm gets more complex, etc.

Again, not useful, but quite fun :)

lizard808uk: By the way, do you know the Yamaha QY-Series ? A QY70 or 100 would be exactly the right thing for you (the 100 one has a smc slot). But i try to work on exporting files.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to look into that ;)

I have to give you major thanks for this program ConsoleTom. My girlfriend was set on getting herself a drumkit for christmas, no matter what I said. Sitting her down with tobi drummer has distracted her for a while.

A simple function that create a basic beat (like a floor drum beat) and that you could play on it!(Like on kids keyboards)

could you make it a little easier to figure out how it works? (if this is a stupid question then just tell me to shut up and go lay down) :D

Just noticed this. It doesn't seem to save the drum-setup along with the song. I don't know if this actually flaw, since I can imagine problem with this if you want to make a sequence a bit more complex than only using 6 different sounds.
But it would be cool if you were able to save several different setups...
I'm aware that you can change the default-setup, but I think my point is understandable.

Also... I think Tobi Drumman should have a dedicated folder, or at least start in the last used folder. It's a bit of a hassle finding the folder named "TOBI" everytime you want to save or load, since it's at the bottom of the list.

And as you can guess, I love this tool B)

Back