Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
Hi guys,

I recently received my 1GHz and I've been experimenting with my TV-out cable by MarkoeZ. The TV-out can be a little clunky but I've found a couple of things that can make it a little better.

• QJoypad - In brief this goes some way in helping the situation. I mirror-mapped the Pandora buttons to a PS2 joypad and Enter/Esc to R2 and L2 and so you can navigate most menus using the USB joypad. This also doubles up as having USB control for many games that don't support external joypads natively (e.g. Super Hexagon))
  • Experiment with getting the overscan right using the desktop first - I have had some issues with the display that all went away once I sa down and played with the values until the XFCE displayed perfectly on the TV. I simply copied the values for the HW layer and bingo!
  • You can use supported android phones as a keyboard and mouse via bluetooth using BlueputDroid(Pro) works fine with my Sony MiniPro, but does require you to have rooted phone and only certain models are supported. But anyway this should let you play SCUMMVM/OpenXCOM from your couch instead of having to hold the Pandora itself when conencted to the TV. (And is a reasonable stopgap until ICP2 finally gets shipped.)
Obviously - Use Svideo where possible, you'll get a sharper image.

Back