THREE YEARS and still no Pandora

Tokiopop

Hello, I pre-ordered almost three years ago. I am yet to recieve my pandora, depsite them being readily available.

Whether I have been forgotten about, or if they're just not actually available, I don't know.

I ordered my Pandora in the UK from Craig I believe, via Google Checkout.

Who can I contact for a refund?

Thanks.

Edit: I'm reading something about a better model for the same price, can anyone enlighten me? Depending how good this is I may consider waiting, but otherwise I need the money for a laptop for university.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's just a memory upgrade?

I thought it was 1GHz too

No, the 1Ghz model is a short run only available at a premium price. It will become the standard model in the future, but for now the standard model has twice the ram of the original, and a much improved sturdier case as well as other fixes like the nubs and lcd cable that were not so good in the first units.

I would suggest waiting for your unit as there are not too many of the original pre-orders left to send out.

The only catch is that from a financial standpoint, OPT has to sell new units to New customers in order to finance the sending out of units to original pre-orders.

The reasons for this are many, but it basically boils down to a lot of unforseen debts that were incurred from all the obsticles and delays that have unfortunately happened getting to this point.

I have one of the originals and I have to say - it does everything you wanted it for and more. You won't be sorry to get one of the current units.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I am in Craig's queue with a batch one pre-order. You say there are only a few pre-orders left to ship. I would like a number as few means nothing. If there are only a few why not take a leap of faith and just ship them all out. All of the people that placed a pre-order took a leap of faith for you guys. It's time to reciprocate.

I am in Craig's queue with a batch one pre-order. You say there are only a few pre-orders left to ship. I would like a number as few means nothing. If there are only a few why not take a leap of faith and just ship them all out. All of the people that placed a pre-order took a leap of faith for you guys. It's time to reciprocate.

I'm pretty sure it's because they haven't all been made yet. The reason they need the money is more of for making them than for being fair.

Tokiopop you bought yours early enough to get the cheaper price, you'd never be able to come again without paying the new muscular price. I swear you won't find a laptop as neat as this. I feel lame suggesting it but it's also possible to give in about exactly what you paid for the Pandora before and receive that twice as fast one within this month, probably.

... If there are only a few why not take a leap of faith and just ship them all out. All of the people that placed a pre-order took a leap of faith for you guys. It's time to reciprocate.

There's no such thing as a leap of faith here. They need gas to keep the car moving, end of story.

ED has explained this I don't know how many times, if they spend all they money they have now they would only be able to fill preorders and the project dies. I'm not even sure if they'd fill all the preorders that way or if that would be even legal with the contracts they signed with investors. It doesn't matter, it's a terrible idea regardless of how righteous it is.

You can get your money back, you can also upgrade. These guys are bending over backwards to give everyone options and keep the campfire alive.

Other people like myself have also been pitching money at this project in various ways to help keep it going. It's a team effort, and I am very grateful for all you patient preorders that made this possible in the first place. Without you this wonderful device wouldn't exist. Seriously thanks, and I hope you can hold on while OPT works to make things right.

Check this page. 600 left. 1/3 of the (±150/week) newly produced Pandora's go to Preorders, so the last ones should be sent out somewhere in October, which is also what Craig's shop told me through Email.

As for what's going on: the previous board-population-company (CircuitCo, TX, US) managed to screw up ±1300 boards, which, along with other smaller setbacks, caused Craig and ED to run out of money, so they had to secure new investment-capital, switch to a different, more reliable (but also much more expensive), board-population-company, this one in Germany, close to ED, and sell new Pandora's for a much higher price, using the proceedings to fund the preorders.

For more information, read ED's recent posts, especially his posts in general talk.

Idk, I think there need to be a point where the focus should be fufilling those pre-orders and be done with it. Isn't that better than people canceling and asking for refunds? All this seems endless.

Send from my ZTE Warp

Of cause it would be great if the preorders were fulfilled, but without the money to produce new Pandoras that is out of question. At least until enough pandoras are sold to finance the outstanding preorders. I once visited ED and he told me that he tries anything he is capable of to get those preorders shipped. IIRC that was over a year ago and following what he told us on the forums I'm quite sure he does exactly that.

Edit: And yes, I am still waiting for my Pandora and ordered it three years ago, too.

So it's just a memory upgrade?

I thought it was 1GHz too

No, the 1Ghz model is a short run only available at a premium price. It will become the standard model in the future, but for now the standard model has twice the ram of the original, and a much improved sturdier case as well as other fixes like the nubs and lcd cable that were not so good in the first units.

I would suggest waiting for your unit as there are not too many of the original pre-orders left to send out.

The only catch is that from a financial standpoint, OPT has to sell new units to New customers in order to finance the sending out of units to original pre-orders.

The reasons for this are many, but it basically boils down to a lot of unforseen debts that were incurred from all the obsticles and delays that have unfortunately happened getting to this point.

I have one of the originals and I have to say - it does everything you wanted it for and more. You won't be sorry to get one of the current units.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I think I'll just save my money if all I get for 3 years is double the memory.

Look at it this way, if I spent £300 today on some technology, it would be much better than 600MHz/512MB etc. The 1GHz model is only just worth it, by todays standards.

I just feel I'll be getting a lot more bang for my buck by putting the £300 towards a laptop. Yeah, the Pandora would have been cool for my university course (computer science) and stuff, but it's just so outdated for the price.

It is not outdated as there is nothing on the market capable of doing similar. Specs alone counts for nothing.

But I sure can understand your point of view.

It is all alone your choice.

It is not outdated as there is nothing on the market capable of doing similar. Specs alone counts for nothing.

I know that it's unique and stuff, but I just don't like the feeling of paying the full price for 2009 technology in 2012. I'd love to have it, but money doesn't grow on trees.

I think I'll just save my money if all I get for 3 years is double the memory.

Look at it this way, if I spent £300 today on some technology, it would be much better than 600MHz/512MB etc. The 1GHz model is only just worth it, by todays standards.

I just feel I'll be getting a lot more bang for my buck by putting the £300 towards a laptop. Yeah, the Pandora would have been cool for my university course (computer science) and stuff, but it's just so outdated for the price.

It's got more battery-life than anything even remotely similar (10+ hours of gaming), superior headset-audio, and remote computing (perfectly fine for compiling and stuff) lessens the importance of its lowish performance.

I know that it's unique and stuff, but I just don't like the feeling of paying the full price for 2009 technology in 2012. I'd love to have it, but money doesn't grow on trees.

Another way of looking at it is that it's old enough to be well understood. A few years after each sexy game system comes out the mod scene has figured out how to do their cool things semi cleanly. But being open to everything and built for anything we can think of using it for, the Pandora shines a lot faster than other gadgets. Plus no, it cannot possibly be outdated if it is still functional and everything that might have succeeded it can't do as much. A week ago I sat through a video of a guy saying his netbook is lots "better" than the Pandora because it could play a few emulators faster.

People continued to use the Amiga for years after it was 'out of date' spec wise, for good reason (and similar reasons), understood hardware, high support and continued development, unique features.

Back