This is how a pandora 2 should look (and perform,possibly)

It's a nice from factor..

Add the same controls (maybe better nubs...) that we have on Pandy and reduce button a bit (of the switchblade) and have the next P2....but please not with Win inside.

A keyboard that requires constant backlighting? And clever software to drive it? :(

A eeepc 701 sized pandora?
lol the switchblade is 7000 times the power of a an eeepc

@GHOSTCART:no buttons?'where are you looking at?

@aholmes:not that there were any fps on the pandora that required the double analog...the only fps that ran well on pandora are the various doom clones  which never use the other analaog..and if they did that is not "true "3d,so its quite pointless.oh yeah there's a quake 3 port which uses the other analog....aaaaand what else?

@farox:"but please not with Win inside." ok but for the love of God if p2 will have linux, IT MUST HAVE a cpu that supports Wine at least,so no ARM

1. So what? mc was talking about size, not computing power
  2. Horrid grid layout, but admittedly real buttons
  3. This thing has NO nubs, I use both for mouse+scroll almost constantly - many things require at lest one
  4. Why? I like Linux, I like long battery life, where did the MUST come from?

1. So what? mc was talking about size, not computing power
  2. Horrid grid layout, but admittedly real buttons
  3. This thing has NO nubs, I use both for mouse+scroll almost constantly - many things require at lest one
  4. Why? I like Linux, I like long battery life, where did the MUST come from?
"this thing has NO nubs, I use both for mouse+scroll almost constantly - many things require at lest one" ..it has a touch screen and you can always plug in a mouse.admittedly,i 'd miss the nubs only for the mouse movements

"Why? I like Linux, I like long battery life, where did the MUST come from?"..man,this has to be thoroughly explained:

1)i like linux too.i'm sure nobody gets upset if the cpu allows dual boot,am i right?which also reconnects to the last question...

2)never heard of windows cpu\tables haveing less battery life.also,i opened a topic here about issues with the battery life of my pandora,FYI

3)forgot to add..the MUST was "FOR ME,it must have bla bla"..there are sooo many apps that aren't ported to linux(and probably never will)go figure for the pandora...take the MESS emulator.love it or hate it,its great for what it strives to accomplish.right now it can emulate various old PDA and other touchscreen consoles,which lose their gimmick using it in a desktop pc.the pandora would've been great with his touch screen,to paly around them(and also using the various old computers with keyboards)but alas its no available for pandora...and as i said,probably never will.that was just an example that came on my mind right now.i coudl write a letter on having the beneift of having a cpu that allows more than one os on it(and i talk about OS with 86\64 compatibility... i DARE you to say that "you don't need them")

I'm not sure really understand or appreciate that the controls are a central, non-negotiable part of Pandora's design and the design of any successor. So don't expect any support if you come in here telling them the next one should drop it. If you want a Switchblade so much I'm sure Razer will do something with the concept eventually.

SUPPOSEDLY according to Wikipedia, it's coming out of Q2 this year!

Not only that, but I would pay 2000 USD for that thing if it had an i7 (even if it's just Dual core!) and a GT 540! (as the Razer Edge has)

Remember that a mouse is better than nubs for most of the device usage scenarios. I personally wouldn't mind giving up a built in pointing device. The Switchblade is quite possibly made for me because I like PC gaming. I've never actually played Crysis or CoD, but TF2 sure is fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
thats exactly what i was talking about..pc gaming on the go..only less cod and more emus...emulators like demul and such

on which wikipedia page did you read the confirm date
thats exactly what i was talking about..pc gaming on the go..only less cod and more emus...emulators like demul and such

on which wikipedia page did you read the confirm date

There's no way to mouse without connecting an external one, which requires a table... how they think they can market that as a PC gaming device is beyond me.

But onto the topic... Absolutely not. That's a shitty Intel Atom with shitty integrated graphics. It's also x86, and in that form factor would mean horrid battery life and lots of cooling problems.

It's a cool concept, but I'm starting to realize that we need to give up on using x86 CPUs in handheld devices. They're way too inefficient to work well in such small enclosures. And no, the Pandora 2 should NOT look like that, if we were going for a major aesthetic revamp I'd say go with something like the Nvidia Shield. But that doesn't have a keyboard, so no on that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no way to mouse without connecting an external one, which requires a table... how they think they can market that as a PC gaming device is beyond me.

But onto the topic... Absolutely not. That's a shitty Intel Atom with shitty integrated graphics. It's also x86, and in that form factor would mean horrid battery life and lots of cooling problems.

It's a cool concept, but I'm starting to realize that we need to give up on using x86 CPUs in handheld devices. They're way too inefficient to work well in such small enclosures. And no, the Pandora 2 should NOT look like that, if we were going for a major aesthetic revamp I'd say go with something like the Nvidia Shield. But that doesn't have a keyboard, so no on that too.
your argument about intel atoms seem invalid after anadtechs analysis[here].

thats exactly what i was talking about..pc gaming on the go..only less cod and more emus...emulators like demul and such on which wikipedia page did you read the confirm date

thats exactly what i was talking about..pc gaming on the go..only less cod and more emus...emulators like demul and such on which wikipedia page did you read the confirm date
Uh... misquote?

Do note that we could get a nice AMD one in instead. Intel has more powerful ones, but AMD has balanced Power and GFX

Back