Thinking About Getting This, But...

Okami

Still Fresh
I'm all set on buying this, but I still don't know if you can connect jumpdrives or usb external harddrives.

The reason that I wanted to buy this is because I wanted to have a big library of music, movies, games, and linux that was portable. I was wondering if you can connect a external harddrive to it.

I saw a site where a guy made a cable to connect a HD using the ext port, but I thought the GP2x already had a usb port.

This is the deciding point for me here, please help!

Okami posted on Mar 6 2006 at 06:37 PM said:
I'm all set on buying this, but I still don't know if you can connect jumpdrives or usb external harddrives.

You can't. Read the stickied topics and/or search the forums. >CLINK<

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, its possible to connect an external drive, but i don´t think there´s any software support for it. That means even if you´re able to make your external harddrive working, you can´t acess it properly, unless you can write the needed software yourself...

you *CAN* use external USB-Media (disks, memsticks, card readers, whatever) with the GP2X, and the *ONLY* hard part is getting the cable; either make one yourself, buy one from art103, or wait for the official cable from GPH ..

and once you have that cable, its a piece of cake to use the media. i mount my battery-powered 60gig Datatank on /mnt/sd/datatank (off the SD card) and oila .. 60gigs of movies to watch in bed/on the train with the GP2X ..

maybe it would be a good idea to post torpor's breakout box as a news entry, so people will finally stop denying the possibility of accessing usb-storage media! Because obviously many users are not well informed...

torpor posted on Mar 7 2006 at 01:41 PM said:
and once you have that cable, its a piece of cake to use the media. i mount my battery-powered 60gig Datatank on /mnt/sd/datatank (off the SD card) and oila .. 60gigs of movies to watch in bed/on the train with the GP2X ..
seriously?
thats w00t!!!

But device has to power the usb, I assume?

torpor posted on Mar 7 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
and once you have that cable, its a piece of cake to use the media. i mount my battery-powered 60gig Datatank on /mnt/sd/datatank (off the SD card)
Cool, didn´t know it´s possible to mount it directly in GP2X Linux.

Could you post your script?

Back