The weather. How is it?

DavidBowman

Since we're such an international community, I'm interested to know what the weather is like where you are.

I'll start: It's been sunny and beautiful in Charleston, South Carolina, USA. It was in the 50s (F) today, but it's been in the 70s recently.

Here in Püttlingen, Saarland, Germany, whe have about 3 °C (37 °F 276 ° Kelvin), and whe have some fog, and a bit snow on the meadow..

Its 23:00 Hour, and i listen to Subway to Sally..

It's been quite nice - 15C. Quite sunny too, with a light breeze. Set to rain tomorrow around 16:00, so will be spending the morning on the coast with the Mrs, then a nice spot of lunch somewhere before heading home in time for little 'un to get home from college.

Looking forward to a pretty nice day :)

D.

It's trying to be spring, but it looks like we have another cold wave coming through, it's supposed to snow tonight, and it's been uncomfortably cold for a few days now, after one or two days that felt like spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today it's been a bit moist and cloudy, but not too bad. Still heavy-jacket weather, though.

Supposed to snow here tomorrow. In Sacramento. California. Former desert bowl. It NEVER snows in Sacramento.

Nice blue sky, the sun is shining (hmm, not yet, but just wait two minutes), but it's a little bit cold. Could be warmer!

Raining in northern Switzerland

Two really nice days here, about 15 degrees. Feels like Spring is starting.

That said we drove up to Alston 2 days go and they still have quite a lot of snow at 1900ft.

Just coming to the end of summer here. We're getting clear sunny days with cool, crisp air. I love it. Reminds me of living in the highlands 20 years back. :)

For the last few weeks it's been between -20℃ and -35℃, so today's -15℃ feels nicer. Our friendly meteorological institute tells me it will be around -10℃ - -5℃ during/after the weekend, so I guess the worst is over. There's a whole lot of snow outside, and I'm not too eager to see it melt to fill the streets with slush. On the other hand spring couldn't come too soon :p

summer here in south indian ocean island, 34° Celsius, it's quite hot :) ..

in fact we don't really have winters in our sub-tropical latitudes...

last July I was visiting a friend in UK for 2-3 days, and one late afternoon he drove me to a town called Bolton just above Manchester if I recall well, and I was freezing in my t-shirt. f*ck, you call this "summer" ??

ok don't hate me if you're cold, please, i'm drinking that ice tea to your health ;)

Kisses

Mac

It hit 65°F (18°C) early last week... This week it's been around 20°F (-7°C) all week... Monday we got 7" (20 cm) of snow. Damned tease.

SNOWPOCALYPSE 2! Cars buried! Stock the cupboards because you're not going anywhere anytime soon!

Or so the weather report was saying yesterday. The roads are actually just a little wet from the feather dusting we did get and people driving over them at mostly normal speeds.

This tom waits song is becomming more true (is there such a thing as more true??) everyday

Will you take me across the channel,
London bridge is falling down.

Strange a woman tries to save

What a man will try to drown.

And he's the rain that they predicted,

Its the forecast every time.

The rose has died because you picked it

And I believe that brandy's mine.

And all over the world

Strangers

Talk only about the weather.

All over the world

It's the same

It's the same

It's the same.

The world is getting flatter,

The sky is falling all around.

And nothing is the matter

For I never cry in town.

And a love like ours, my dear,

Is best measured when it's down.

And I never buy umbrellas,

For there's always one around.

And all over the world strangers talk only about the weather. all over the world it's the same

It's the same

It's the same.

And you know that it's beginning,

And you know that it's the end

When once again we are strangers

And the fog comes rolling in.

And all over the world

Strangers

Talk only about the weather.

All over the world

It's the same

It's the same

It's the same.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, and it's alternating between raining and cold, and sunny (and ultra-cold at night). It's supposed to snow tonight. The last time it snowed in the Bay Area was 30 years ago.

Back