The Rarest Game

moz posted on Sep 2 2004 at 11:40 AM said:
ive got originals of great giana sisters

the un-released ones?

where from??

there are only 4 known cartridges for Kazuna encounter on the Neogeo AES

and Metal Slug AES is pretty rare too

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the rarest game I have is Bloodshot: Battle Frenzy for Mega CD original. I've paid 9 EUROS for it (!!!!), and it's very very rare to find.

I sold the English PAL Starwing SNES competition cart a few months back for 80 quid. I paid 4 quid for it.

There's about 4 copies. I found one in GameStation. Go figure.

There are plenty of games that were never officially released that could be considered rare, so this is a very difficult question to answer definitively. In fact, we've probably never even heard of the rarest game!

Also, some games are over valued because they're considered 'l@@k exxxxxtra RARE!!!!1' by Ebayers when they're really not all that rare. Panzer Dragoon Saga for instance.

Radiant Silvergun on sega ST-V arcade system is another one that is considered R@RE when it is just the fact that collectors like to hold onto it because it si a good game.

I have original Great Giana Sisters C-64 version - which i purposly kept when selling my c64 all those years back, you never know it could be worth 1000's one day :)

Tombi for ps1 is rare. Found it for 100 pounds on Ebay! That's wya too expessive...

Huxley posted on Sep 2 2004 at 01:51 PM said:
There are plenty of games that were never officially released that could be considered rare, so this is a very difficult question to answer definitively. In fact, we've probably never even heard of the rarest game!

Also, some games are over valued because they're considered 'l@@k exxxxxtra RARE!!!!1' by Ebayers when they're really not all that rare. Panzer Dragoon Saga for instance.
There has been a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga in Gamestation Hull for months now.. it started around 120 quid and now its going for around 80.

mattmagoo posted on Sep 2 2004 at 12:11 PM said:
moz posted on Sep 2 2004 at 11:40 AM said:
ive got originals of great giana sisters

the un-released ones?

where from??

there are only 4 known cartridges for Kazuna encounter on the Neogeo AES

and Metal Slug AES is pretty rare too

got two of them :) originals had them for about 13 years sealed. I think that the kids that i got them off robbed a warehouse in yorkshire befor they all got reclaimed due to legal shit with nintendo.

there probably worth bugger all though.

Phil posted on Sep 2 2004 at 01:02 PM said:
the rarest thing i have is a fully boxed super metroid,

Woohoo, that's awsome, that game kicks a whole lot of ass lol. I have the catridge, and am looking for a fully boxed one

God, since I'm so poor most of my "collectable" games are from charity shops not ebaying like all those crazy people with more money than sense :)

I have no idea if any of my stuff is rare...

I have a NES advantage in box with manual...
and Double Dragon 1 fully boxed with plastic case thing and manual if I were to take a guess I would assume they are the most collectable things I own...

Darius Alpha for the PC-Engine. About 800 copies were made, and to get one you had to be in Japan and buy Super Darius (for PC-Engine CD) and Darius Gaiden (for the PC-Engine SuperGrafx) together, send in a competition entry, and be one of the people they pulled out of the hat.

Contrary to popular belief, Dracula X isn't actually that rare... pop on ebay and you'll always see a few up for sale. Galaxy Maiden Sapphire, on the other hand, is 'quite' rare... but it's so expensive that there are quite a number of forgeries floating around ($400 for a CD based game???).

There are a few websites around that attempt to rate the 'rarity' of various games on different consoles... most are actually far more common than most of us would imagine .... 'rarity' and how 'sought after' a games is are two seperate factors and should not be confused :)

unfortunately, both factors push up a games percieved value (drat!)

Back