The Pc Editor...

A

Aaaaaaaa

If the PC editor can make and play RPGs, then Gigas would start to attract many PC users, who don't have a GP32, but want to make rpgs without the use of code.

Gigas is quite unique. I've yet to see an RPG maker that dosnt need code.

Would non-GP32 users be welcome? The more the merrier!

The more people that come, the more charecters, tilesets and the like would come in. more RPGs even.

Could this happen to Gigas?

Yeah... i think it would be good if the editor could play the RPGs...

Hiya, the PC version will be able to play the games as well as edit them - very much like the GP32 version, and games will be compatible across the two (as it will be with any other ports)

Gigas-Engine actually started life as a PC project which was finished but never released, suddenly had 1001 things more important to worry about so the project got put on hold for about 2 years.

When i got my GP32 i thought i'd be nice to actually get Gigas finished, i'd improved my coding technique so decided not to bother porting the PC version and instead started from scratch - with an open source project in mind which could be ported to other formats and still play the same games.

I suppose the reason im progressing so fast on the GP32 version is most of the problems and questions i had already overcome with the PC version (which didnt use scripting either), as you can see - this 3 year old PC gigas-engine had hotspots etc

pc.jpg

Once i finish the GP32 version of Gigas, i'll port it over to PC - but i'll obviously redo the interface to make use windows, and allow the window to be resized and generally make use of the extra ram so that you dont have to keep loading/saving/loading.

Back