THE OFFICIAL Link is a boss thread :)

2bit

I just wanted to say that after I realized my Pandora was missing a screw I notified Link and he sent me one free of charge . :D B)

None of that Apple crap  ( or hp or dell or ...  just about any other computer company  ) that where after realizing something is missing you are forced to send your electronic baby in - only after having to wait on the phone  for hours with a automated phone computer thing with less ram than the device you are attempting to send in or and worse vocal recognition software than was on the mac . And at best a person who fails to speak 2 syllables of your native tongue and is located 18 and a half timezones away where they are told to transfer your call to someone else - just for them to say your warrenty has expired and that IT IS YOUR FAULT that you did not get the extended warranty . All for something you could fix on your own with a smidgen of effort .

Amen to everything you just said.

I tend to ask, up front, for an American when I get Customer Service.

I'll take a Canadian if I gotta, but they better be located in North America!

The Canadian line was a joke.

Seriously, on the phone you can't tell the difference between a Canadian and an American, eh? :p

Seriously, if they can speak my langiage intelligibly, without butchering it to hell with a funny accent, I'm good.

I mean...seriously, a few days ago, I was speaking with a representative from an insurance company, as I must often do in my line of work.  and this guy had an Arabic accent so thick you could cut it with a knife.

And I told him, "Look, I do not mean to be rude, but I really need you to transfer me to someone else, because I absolutely cannot understand your accent.  I am truly sorry, but I just can't understand what you are saying."

I mean...I was nice about it, and apologetic, because I know the guy was trying...but I wasn't getting the information I needed...which was the entire purpose of my call.  so I did get another representative who was able to help.

Point being: If you really can't understand the guy on the other end of the phone, because of his accent, ask to speak to someone else...but do it nicely.

My apologies if the Canadian line was taken offensively, because no malice or offense was meant.  But I'm not getting the sense that any offense was taken.  But just in case.

Seriously, do any of you have ANY idea how hard it is to piss off a Canadian?  Unless you insult RUSH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, if they can speak my langiage intelligibly, without butchering it to hell with a funny accent, I'm good.

Unless you insult RUSH.
I ain't the best speler orr grammerist ither but that was a tad hypocritical , also what is rush ( honestly ) ?

like-a-boss-meme-shirt.jpg

sorry , I don't listen to much beyond the Beatles , Acdc , tad bit of Johnny Cash , Blinded by the Light ( like a roller in the night , revved up like a deuce ) , Carry On ( my wayward son ) , We Will Rock You . I would also like to say that I listen to the sound of firearms blastin' away but sadly ammo costs to much to spend much time at the rock pit . I envy my father - growing up in the days of cheap ammo .

Blinded by the Light ( like a roller in the night , revved up like a deuce ) , Carry On ( my wayward son ) , We Will Rock You .

Blinded By The Light = Manford Mann

Carry On Wayward son = Kansas

We will Rock You = Queen

Cannot believe someone did not know who RUSH was!!

OMG...what would Geddy Lee say?

Link - can you do upgrades?  If so...

If I sent you my CC Pandora (no battery), could you upgrade it to 1Ghz, old screen, new plastics, new vid cable and send it back to me along with my original bottom-plastic with the 1st batch sticker in it?

What would my complete charge including return shipping to Nebraska come to?

Or do I need to send the old unit all the way to Germany for this?

Thanks!

If I sent you my CC Pandora (no battery), could you upgrade it to 1Ghz, old screen, new plastics, new vid cable and send it back to me along with my original bottom-plastic with the 1st batch sticker in it?

Thanks!

Trailer Park Boys is the best thing on, alongside Partridge.

...or rather was on, I wish it was still showing on our telly now.

I got all the series' and the couple films they done, I love that program.

I went to see them tour over here the other year on their Dear Santa Go F**k Yourself Tour :)

...Shithawks.

Thanks!
I can do this type of upgrade.  I just did an repair for someone who sent in a First Batch unit.  Since the L/R buttons were hand cut to fit that PCB, I actually used those black buttons on a silver casing.  Got the idea from Linux-SWAT.

I don't see why I couldn't do something similar for you.  Right now I'm out of the newest style of video cable, so I wouldn't feel proper putting in another that could fail.  Anyway you could wait a few weeks until I get a shipment of Pandoras from ED with hopefully some video cables in this shipment (didn't get any with the last shipment :(   ). 

Back