The New Gp32x Gpx2/xgp Comparison Page

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
I just noticed that GP32X has a new section comparing the XGP and the GPX2, which says that GPX2 is apparently NOT changing to 64mb ram but sticking with 32mb. Is this true? I thought it was mentioned that they're "90% certain" that they were going to switch to 64 megs. :unsure:

If it's true, it's bad news. :(

EDIT: BTW, hando, DaveC's image is edited wrong - look at the XGP image on the right and left. The right one has the bottom of the image cut off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the compareson chart I translated off gpzigi website was just a compareson based on the info that's been released so far.

Pretty much like a overview of things that's been going on.

Here's new news on GPX2's memory

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
GH is working on making GPX2's memory into 64 megs.

They're about 90% sure of making GPX2 a 64 meg.

It will up the unit price by a bit, but I think this is a good news.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The person who made this reply at gpzigi news forum didn't state the news source, but it looks like the memory thing for GPX2 is still open for debate.

Sorry guys to dissapoint you :/ but I always post verified information ;) (cough cough amiga emulator case cough cough)

From GPx2.com / Suggestion Page:

Question:
419 ram amount x68000 2005-08-03 84
hi
can you confirm if you have decided to use 64mb ram
thankyou

Answer:
418 re admin 2005-08-03 131
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry in our product.
we have confimed using 32MB.

Best regards,

Question Link
Answer link

EDIT: BTW, hando, DaveC's image is edited wrong - look at the XGP image on the right and left. The right one has the bottom of the image cut off.
Yes, you are right. Thanks for info. It's corrected now. Just thought it's optical illusion ;)

Damn.

NeoGeo and CPS2 seems less likely now.

I'll have to do with GBA and SNES.... sniff

polooo2 posted on Aug 3 2005 at 08:59 PM said:
Damn.

NeoGeo and CPS2 seems less likely now.

I'll have to do with GBA and SNES.... sniff

What is so special about the cps2? It's motorola 68000 and Z80 processor driven... Are they extra powerfull versions or what?

Jarska333 posted on Aug 3 2005 at 07:28 PM said:
What is so special about the cps2? It's motorola 68000 and Z80 processor driven... Are they extra powerfull versions or what?

Dunno, I'm not a hardware guru. :p

Though not as powrful as neogeo, doesn't CPS2 takes a bit more power than SNES or GBA?

lol, comparing an arcade system to a snes..
cps 1 is almost double a snes spec wise :p cps2 is almost double a cps1 :p not to mention the rom storage boards, craploads of rom :)
check www.system16.com for arcade info :)

Jaw posted on Aug 3 2005 at 09:02 PM said:
lol, comparing an arcade system to a snes..
cps 1 is almost double a snes spec wise :p cps2 is almost double a cps1 :p not to mention the rom storage boards, craploads of rom :)
check www.system16.com for arcade info :)
Well yes, but at least we have highly optimised Z80 and 68000 cores. I'm not saying it will be easy, but I don't think it can be ruled out.

edit: it appears that the resolution for CPS1 & CPS2 is 384*224 though, which may cause problems.

yeah, cps1 is do-able.
resalution is not much problem, on a real monitor it is normally adjusted to crop a bit of the picture to make the game fullscreen with no black on the edges of the tube, so there is a bit of slack.

Well if they are stubborn about adding some precious RAM maybe they could include a socket inside so WE could do our own expansion? An empty socket is pretty cheap. Hell this socket could even except MORE than 64 Meg total. 128 Meg may be possible.

DaveC posted on Aug 3 2005 at 11:26 PM said:
Well if they are stubborn about adding some precious RAM maybe they could include a socket inside so WE could do our own expansion? An empty socket is pretty cheap. Hell this socket could even except MORE than 64 Meg total. 128 Meg may be possible.
You could suggest it, maybe.... it seems like a good idea.

There is an error on that page: 480x272 is approximately 16:9 ratio, not 16:10.

Back