The new big Batterie Live Thread

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I know, a Batterie Comparation might not be that usefull yet, but maybe it might be quite interessting:

The Rules:
If you want to show how long your Pyra takes to eat a certain amount of Batterie, you have to write some informations:

- Which Stuff is running: Bluetooth, Keyboard Backlight, Wifi, Screen Brightness (0 = Off 1 = lowest setting but still light ....)
- The start Batterie Meter %, and its time, and the finish Batterie Meter % and Time,

- The Game, Emulator, etc,

I will edit this post, when I’m done:
14:45 , Batterie on 86 %, Keyboard Off, Wifi Off , Audio over Bluetooth,
15:45, Batterie on 71 %
Played:
Duckstation: Final Fantasy VII, Street Fighter Alpha 3,
GBC.Emu : Tetris, Allyway, Turtles Back from Severs,

So about 15 % in an Hour, make maybe 6 Hours Playtime .. not that bad..

Last edited:
I would assume these numbers would and could improve over time as things get their proper implementations of their software side hardware accelerations. Volume/sound being one that will get off loaded from the CPU and to it's proper chip. Also, looking into undervolting the SoC at stock clocks would be an interesting thing to check out as it's probably got a lot more juice on the vCore as it's a stability focused automotive chip.

It would probably be fair to build a small script that switches between 1-2 tabs in a browser, scrolls up and down and repeats to get a solid idea of normal battery performance.

Also, anyone who has a Cellular modem, I'd be interested to see how much of a difference that makes even just at idle as it keeps and maintains cellular connections between towers.

I will edit this post, when I’m done:
14:45 , Batterie on 86 %, Keyboard Off, Wifi Off , Audio over Bluetooth,
15:45, Batterie on 71 %
Played:
Duckstation: Final Fantasy VII, Street Fighter Alpha 3,
GBC.Emu : Tetris, Allyway, Turtles Back from Severs,

So about 15 % in an Hour, make maybe 6 Hours Playtime .. not that bad..
I assume by 'keyboard' you mean the level of the keyboard backlight. What level is your screen backlight at?

Back